Ft. Lauderdale Hotel Question

Britbrie

I am looking for a hotel to stay in the night before we board the Freedom, but all of the Carnival recommended ones are booked!

Do any of you guys have any suggestions on where to stay?

P.S. We want something fairly close to the port if possible!

Thanks so much!

Britbrie

In Fort Lauderdale, we always stay at the Embassy Suites on 17th St...manager's reception, full cooked breakfast...close to shopping and resturants...$15-17 taxi from FLL... minutes from the port (Embassy Suites arranges transport to Port Everglades for $7pp).

There are alot of good hotels in the 17th St. area...google will help.

I am looking for a hotel to stay in the night before we board the Freedom, but all of the Carnival recommended ones are booked!

Thanks so much!

Britbrie

We stay at Hyatt Suites or Embassy Suites. Most hotels in FLL are near the port.

Rennaisance<sp> is also a good one that could be had on Hotwire for a decent price. It is practically across the street from the port.

Bill

WE are staying at the Springhill Suites in Dania Beach for our Oct cruise. We got the cruise package for $129, includes parking for the ten days of our cruise, breakfast buffet, transporation to and from ariport, if needed, and transportation to the port. Check them out.

I would try hotwire, priceline or easyclicktravel.com - you should be able to find something decent at a good price! Have stayed at the renaissance which was lovely and embassy suites (okay then but I understand it is pretty expensive now?)

Have you tried stay123dot com? That's how we got our hotel in Ft. Lauderdale (for the Freedom, too). It's a great rate - and since we're driving, we can leave our car there for free! I just checked it for our date, and there are rooms available. They have a free shuttle to the port as well. Good luck!

Hampton Inn on 17th street?

You said the Crown Plaza is new?-- how far from the airport/port is it?

The Crowne Plaza is one block from the entrance of Port Everglades. But, you would still need to take a cab to the ship. The hotel is about 2 miles (or maybe less) from the airport (FLL). This new Crowne Plaza is about a half mile from the 17th St area where there are some nice restaurants as well as Publix supermarket. The address of the hotel is 455 State Road 84 Ft. Lauderdale.

WE are staying at the Springhill Suites in Dania Beach for our Oct cruise. We got the cruise package for $129, includes parking for the ten days of our cruise, breakfast buffet, transporation to and from ariport, if needed, and transportation to the port. Check them out.

Did this in September - same cruise package with parking for the car. We really enjoyed our stay here - very nice pool area, rooms, showerheads, and breakfast.

We stayed at the holiday inn express on 17th st, exceeded expectations, thought it was going to be a typical holiday inn dump. Walk to southport shopping center for dinner, wine etc... Starbucks and cold stone across street. Price good too!

We stay at Hyatt Suites or Embassy Suites. Most hotels in FLL are near the port.

Rennaisance<sp> is also a good one that could be had on Hotwire for a decent price. It is practically across the street from the port.

Bill

We stayed at the Hyatt Place on our last Fort Lauderdale cruise. The staff was rude. Our room had no air conditioning. I'd never stay there again.

We stayed at the Hyatt Place on our last Fort Lauderdale cruise. The staff was rude. Our room had no air conditioning. I'd never stay there again.

I havent stayed there in awhile. Sorry to hear about the staff now.

I stayed at the Springhill Suites in Dania last December. Nice hotel. I called the hotel the day our flight was leaving to see what time the shuttle stopped since we had a late flight.

After hearing the time we would be cutting it close but OK with no delays.

We actually got in earlier and when I called for the shuttle they said it was done for the day and we had to take a cab.

Not fond of cab rides at 11:30pm in strange cities but we survived.;)

Bill

Thank you guys so much!

Have any of ya'll stayed at the Hampton Inn?

We stayed there before our cruise in April.

Everything was fine except the wait for the shuttle back to the hotel post cruise (we left our car at the hotel). We should have just grabbed a cab when we debarked the ship. We used our HH points for a free stay. :)

http://www.hamptoninnftlauderdaleairport.com/porteverglades.php

Thanks so much!

Britbrie

We're not fancy. Have used Comfort Inn Cruise Port South and liked what we got. Free shuttle to hotel from FLL, free shuttle next morning to port and nice continental breakfast served at poolside. 1-800-333-1492. Rooms are clean, friendly staff.

Archived