Disembarkation in Copenhagen

SaylorGirl

Do any of you that were on the Princess's ships last summer know what time you were allowed to disembark in Copenhagen?? I can make a 10:05 air reservation and if the ship gets in at 5:00 that would be a five hour window. I know the airport is fairly close to city center so that will help.

Thanks

I look foward to reading the responses to your question as I'd like to know too. However, I think this question may have been asked or menetioned before, and I believe people responded or commented that they were able to disembark at about 7 AM, if not earlier. Does the ship overnight in Copenhagen on your cruise? If so, one would think that things would be ready to let people off very early in the morning. Plus, I undestand boarding passengers seem to start around noon., so I am sure passengers are disembarking early.

For my own planing, based on the information I've read about disembarkation time, I expect my group to be departing by 7:30 AM. We're not flying out that day, but I want to get an early start on another day of exploring Denmark.

Where the ship is docked, your're probably less than 30 min. from the airport via taxi. Plus, Kastrum Airport in Copenhagen is a great airport, but not huge, therefore, getting to your plane and past customs really shouldn't take that long. Therefore, although a 10:05 AM air reservation does seem early, I really don't think you'll have any problems.

Thanks for your response. I had gone back and read some of the old posts so I thought I would be okay, when I called Princess of course they said not before 11:00 but I'm sure they are being careful. We will be on the Oslo route so we will not overnight in Copenhagen but, it's a very short distance so that shouldn't be a factor.

Which sailing will you be on?

• 1 month later...

We're on the Star which overnights in Copenhagen before the cruise ends. We have a 7AM flight the departure day and our TA checked with Princess who said there's no problem leaving at 5AM or so to catch our flight. Local pier personnel say a taxi can be arranged for that early also.

Here are some Copenhagen Taxi companies and phone numbers:

Kobenhavns Taxa

Tel: 35 35 35 35

Amager/Obro Taxi

Tel: 32 51 51 51

Hovedstadens Taxi

Tel: 38 77 77 77

Codan Taxi

Tel.: 70 25 25 25

Taxamotor A/S

Tel.: +45 38 10 10 10

The basic fare is DKK 19 when hailed on the street and DKK 32 when you book over the phone. Plus:

DKK 10,20 per km/half mile between 7am and 4pm.

DKK 11,20 between 4pm and 7am.

DKK 13 Fri-Sat betweem 11pm and 7am ,

DKK 11 Sun and national holidays.

Fares include a service charge, so tips is not expected.

Most taxis accept credit cards. Should you wish to pay with a credit card, let the driver know before beginning the trip. On request, taxi drivers will provide you with a computerised receipt for the fare.

Steve:

Do major Hotels have taxis lined up outside the hotels? If one takes it, is it considered as "hailed"? Do you recommend waiting outside an hotel with luggage for a cab or asking the Bell Captain to call one? The cost is not the issue in my last question. Thanks. /Sultan

Archived