Anyone use Blue Diamond Tours

When I got a quote from Blue Diamond Tours for Halifax he was quite a bit more expensive than the company we went with. I told him that was why I wasn't booking with him. We had a great tour with the company I selected.

When I got a quote from Blue Diamond Tours for Halifax he was quite a bit more expensive than the company we went with. I told him that was why I wasn't booking with him. We had a great tour with the company I selected.

Sooo, who did you eventually go with? What tours and what is the website?

What was the quoted hourly rate with Blue Diamond vs who you decided to go with? Blue Diamond is available for our date and I am not sure why they said they would get back with the rate next week (they are with another tour group this week) vs just telling me the rate when they responded that they wold be available on our date.

The other rates we are getting are about $45.00 per hour, except for some limo company that wants $90.00 per hour.

This is the company we went with. I was pricing last summer for an October cruise, so it sounds like Blue Diamond charges about the same now. Our guide with Halifax Tours was Les and he was very good. Others on my roll call booked with a couple of the other drivers and they had great tours too.

http://www.halifaxtaxitours.com/

Who ever you choose, you will have a wonderful time. It is a beautiful area.

This is the company we went with. I was pricing last summer for an October cruise, so it sounds like Blue Diamond charges about the same now. Our guide with Halifax Tours was Les and he was very good. Others on my roll call booked with a couple of the other drivers and they had great tours too.

http://www.halifaxtaxitours.com/

Who ever you choose, you will have a wonderful time. It is a beautiful area.

Thanks. I am deciding between Halifax Taxi Tours and Garry Jollymore. Their rates are about the same.

Blue Diamond has not given me a rate yet and I do not see it on their web site.

Thanks. I am deciding between Halifax Taxi Tours and Garry Jollymore. Their rates are about the same.

Blue Diamond has not given me a rate yet and I do not see it on their web site.

Sorry, I misunderstood about the other company you had gotten a quote from. Halifax Taxi and Garry both have good reviews and are dependable. I would go with the one who gives you the best rate. Can't go wrong in either case.

Jade13, did you ever get a rate from Blue Diamond?

-

I have sent them an inquiry using their web site and haven't heard back yet. I guess its time to look at the other two companies mentioned in this thread.

Keep on Cruising,

I just received a rate from Blue Diamond and Bob gave me a rate that is less than both Garry Jollymore and Halifax Taxi Tours. I was going to go with Garry, but I asked him to confirm the type of vehicle he uses and I haven't heard back in a few days. Probably all three would be fine and note with 5 people the price difference ranges from $1.00-$4.00pp. So, the only question I have is if we are 5 minutes back later than expected is one of these guys going to charge us for another 30 minutes.

Btw, Bob at Blue Diamond had told me over a week ago that he would be off of the internet until the 3rd because he had a group on a 10 day tour.

I received three quotes that ranged from $235.00 - $255.00 for a 5.5 hour tour in a 6 seat mini-van (although Garry really doesn't feel his van would fit more than 5 comfortably). Blue Diamond wants Canadian dollars and the other two will take either US or Canadian at the same rate.

Hi , I am using Blue Diamond on June 7 in Halifax with Mike. Our quoate was C$235 for 4 hours. Will let you know when we return.

How many people? He quoted me the same rate for 5.5 hours. I just shot him an email to confirm.

Of course the rate could also be adjusted based on itinerary. Ours calls for us to be let out in Lunenburg for 1.5 hours on our own. So, the driver would have that much down time.

Sorry, I misunderstood about the other company you had gotten a quote from. Halifax Taxi and Garry both have good reviews and are dependable. I would go with the one who gives you the best rate. Can't go wrong in either case.

The best rate is from Blue Diamond. Bob quoted us a rate of $235.00. He estimates our custom tour will take 5.5 hours.

"We use an eight passenger ( 7 persons plus driver ) extended mini-van -- with a P/A system ( so all can hear ) has A/C and so forth".

Who are the drivers that people have had and enjoyed from this company?

Jade13,

That sounds really good. That is a larger vehicle than what we had, too.

Have fun. The drive over to Lunenburg is beautiful.

We decided to go with Garry Jollymore. We have a pretty dead roll call and a group of 5 for this tour. At present, Garry is personally available so decided to hire him vs. going with another company in hopes we get two more passengers.

We decided to go with Garry Jollymore. We have a pretty dead roll call and a group of 5 for this tour. At present, Garry is personally available so decided to hire him vs. going with another company in hopes we get two more passengers.

You will have a wonderful time with Garry judging by his reviews. Wishing you a great cruise.

Archived