Opinions on excursions...Conquest June 27th sailing

We are thinking about booking the Bobsled Jamica & Dunns River Falls excursion and also the Ray Runner Stingray City Snorkel Tour in Grand Caymen. Anyone have any recommendations on either of these tours?

We did the Wave Runner Sting Ray City Tour and it was fabulous. There was 6 in our party so 3 wave runners and the guide. He took us out and we had a much more personal time with the Sting Rays as those on the boats had much more people to each guide. Then we went to a beach on a cove with a Bar and Grill. Drove the wave runners right up on the beach had a great time. Then we got to ride around some more before going back. We had a great time going, great time with the rays, and a great time going back. Definately one of the best tours we have done. It's limited but definately worth it if you can get it.

We used Moby Dick tours in Cayman to swim with the Stingrays on three occasions. There is only one "Stingray city" and all the boats end up in the same place so unless someone reports something bad about them, you will probably be fine. Cayman is safe to strike out on your own and there are quite a few vendors right at the port where the tender lands. We use Carnival only excursions in places we feel unsafe or do not know but Cayman is safe to do about anything. I have never heard anyone have problems in Cayman with Carnival tours or outside companies and we have been there quite a few times.

Jamaica is another story. Personally I would not go outside the port area in Jamaica and I would definitely use ONLY Carnival tours for Jamaica. Dunn's Falls is wonderful (although the pushy vendors will drive you mad)The first time we were there we didn't know to book our tours on Carnivals website before we went and we ended up on a tour from Carnival that we got on the ship which was Shaw park and Dunns Falls. We were not comfortable in Jamaica and while nothing happened we did not feel safe (We work in a maximum security prison and we don't scare easily) After that we used a Carnival tours and a tour that was boat based that picked you up on the pier and brought you to Dunns Falls, snorkeling and back to the pier. You are perfectly safe doing that and being at Dunn's Falls we felt safe. I would assume that the Bobsled place is equally safe, I would just be leery of the trip there. Also right around the Port is safe if you want to walk around and shop. I would not use an outside tour company in Jamaica.

We used Moby Dick tours in Cayman to swim with the Stingrays on three occasions. There is only one "Stingray city" and all the boats end up in the same place so unless someone reports something bad about them, you will probably be fine. Cayman is safe to strike out on your own and there are quite a few vendors right at the port where the tender lands. We use Carnival only excursions in places we feel unsafe or do not know but Cayman is safe to do about anything. I have never heard anyone have problems in Cayman with Carnival tours or outside companies and we have been there quite a few times.

Jamaica is another story. Personally I would not go outside the port area in Jamaica and I would definitely use ONLY Carnival tours for Jamaica. Dunn's Falls is wonderful (although the pushy vendors will drive you mad)The first time we were there we didn't know to book our tours on Carnivals website before we went and we ended up on a tour from Carnival that we got on the ship which was Shaw park and Dunns Falls. We were not comfortable in Jamaica and while nothing happened we did not feel safe (We work in a maximum security prison and we don't scare easily) After that we used a Carnival tours and a tour that was boat based that picked you up on the pier and brought you to Dunns Falls, snorkeling and back to the pier. You are perfectly safe doing that and being at Dunn's Falls we felt safe. I would assume that the Bobsled place is equally safe, I would just be leery of the trip there. Also right around the Port is safe if you want to walk around and shop. I would not use an outside tour company in Jamaica.

Good luck on you trip to Italy and Barcelona. Have a great trip.

• 2 weeks later...
We are thinking about booking the Bobsled Jamica & Dunns River Falls excursion and also the Ray Runner Stingray City Snorkel Tour in Grand Caymen. Anyone have any recommendations on either of these tours?

Jamaica: I booked an excursion through carnival - the Irie Mon Beach Party. A short distance by bus from Montego Bay, beautiful small beach and you can walk next to Doctor's beach next door. Open bar, jerk chicken for lunch, nice restrooms, small gift shop if you want to buy something, goofy fun beach games and dancing if you want to participate. A lifeguard is on duty plus you get a nice beach lounge chair & you can rent a big umbrella for $5 if you want. Felt perfectly safe. I have been to Dunn River falls before .. it is nice.. but it's a 1 1/2 hr. bus ride from hell if you are leaving from Montego bay.. no thanks... would rather do something close by.

Grand Cayman: Best excursion ever! Booked on-line at least 2 months before the trip with Stingray Sailing.... they were awesome! Fed, swam and kissed the stingrays plus snorkeling near a reef. Chip and his crew were first class.

Cozumel: Swimming with the dolphins... You need to do this at least once! Expensive.. yes... but the memories will last forever. THe dolphinarus was beautiful. Pictures and DVD cost $140.... plus it's $120 per person.

Archived