Wine on Odyssey?

jettman

We have recently adopted Silversea as our cruise line of choice, but we came across a great itinerary on Seabourn to South America and considering taking a 19 day cruise on Odyssey. Can anyone share the wines offered on Odyssey in the bars and staterooms? Are they average or above average? Please share your experience.

Thanks!

We have recently adopted Silversea as our cruise line of choice, but we came across a great itinerary on Seabourn to South America and considering taking a 19 day cruise on Odyssey. Can anyone share the wines offered on Odyssey in the bars and staterooms? Are they average or above average? Please share your experience.

Thanks!

jettman,

Not knowing your preference and expectation for wine, it is such a wide open subject.

The general selection of wine served is fine,just like on Silversea.

Most people will always find one or two wines that they can get on with,just tell the wine waiter that serves you the one that you want and usually they will get it for you unless stocks have finished.

If you are like me and are more selective, then the silver or gold wine package will offer more quality wines at an attractive price.Pre order the package online and the price is cheaper.

The wine list is extensive and you can purchase many well known good quality wines from around the world.

My personal preference is for French wines, after spending many years researching and tasting wines from other countries.

What a hobby to have.:)

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned from 14 days on the Odyssey! The current wine list is as follows:

White wine

Casa Lo Matte, Sauvignon Blanc, Chili

Santa Cristina, Umbria, Italy

Sirius, Bordeaux, France

Stoneburn Saufignon Blanc, New Zealand

Wingspan Saufignon Blanc, New Zealand

Anekena Sauvignon Blanc, Chile

Santa Alicia, Sauvignon Blanc, Chile

Gavi de Gavi, La Scolca, Italy

Lagar de Bouza, Albarino, spain

Santa Margerita, Pinot Brigio, Italy

William Fevre, Petit Chablis, France

Culemborg Chardonnay, South Africa

Milton Park Chardonnay, South Australia

Louis Latour Grande Ardeche Chardonnay, France

Robert Mondavi, Chardonnay, California

Ferrari Carano Chardonnay, California

Rose

Beringer White Zinfandel, California

Champagne

Nicholas Feuilatte, France

Dessert

Chateau Lavignac Sauternes, Bordeaux

Red Wine

Santa Crisina, Sangiovese, Italy

Les Trois Couronnes, Cotes du Rhone, France

Finca del Retiro, Malbec, Mendoza, Argentina

Grao Vasco, Portugal

Oyster Bay Pinot Noir, New Zealand

Serego Alischeri, Masi, Tuscany, Italy

Quivira Zinfandel, Dry Creek Valley, California

Placido Chianti Classico, Tuscany, Italy

Irony Pinot Noir, Monterey County, California

Sirius, Bordeaux, France

Roc Du Lussac, St. Emilion, France

Masi "Paso Dobles" Malbec/Corvina, Argentina

Los Toneles, Malbec, Argentina

Milton Park Shiraz, Australia

Santa Alicia, Merlot, Chile

The Silver and Gold Packages are on the Seabourn website. Every night there is a particular white and red that are being poured. It only takes a minute to be brought the wine of your choice. Service was excellent.

Just returned from 14 days on the Odyssey! The current wine list is as follows:

White wine

Casa Lo Matte, Sauvignon Blanc, Chili

Santa Cristina, Umbria, Italy

Sirius, Bordeaux, France

Stoneburn Saufignon Blanc, New Zealand

Wingspan Saufignon Blanc, New Zealand

Anekena Sauvignon Blanc, Chile

Santa Alicia, Sauvignon Blanc, Chile

Gavi de Gavi, La Scolca, Italy

Lagar de Bouza, Albarino, spain

Santa Margerita, Pinot Brigio, Italy

William Fevre, Petit Chablis, France

Culemborg Chardonnay, South Africa

Milton Park Chardonnay, South Australia

Louis Latour Grande Ardeche Chardonnay, France

Robert Mondavi, Chardonnay, California

Ferrari Carano Chardonnay, California

Rose

Beringer White Zinfandel, California

Champagne

Nicholas Feuilatte, France

Dessert

Chateau Lavignac Sauternes, Bordeaux

Red Wine

Santa Crisina, Sangiovese, Italy

Les Trois Couronnes, Cotes du Rhone, France

Finca del Retiro, Malbec, Mendoza, Argentina

Grao Vasco, Portugal

Oyster Bay Pinot Noir, New Zealand

Serego Alischeri, Masi, Tuscany, Italy

Quivira Zinfandel, Dry Creek Valley, California

Placido Chianti Classico, Tuscany, Italy

Irony Pinot Noir, Monterey County, California

Sirius, Bordeaux, France

Roc Du Lussac, St. Emilion, France

Masi "Paso Dobles" Malbec/Corvina, Argentina

Los Toneles, Malbec, Argentina

Milton Park Shiraz, Australia

Santa Alicia, Merlot, Chile

The Silver and Gold Packages are on the Seabourn website. Every night there is a particular white and red that are being poured. It only takes a minute to be brought the wine of your choice. Service was excellent.

Thank you for sharing this. Did you have any difficulty extracting a printed copy of this list from the Sommelier? In December last year on Odyssey I had to be very persistant ( but pleasantly so !) to get hold of a copy. And I also unearthed some good wines " off list". It pays to ask!

Regards

Hmmm....never thought to ask "off list", but will do so in January when we will be on again for a South America journey. I am sure they will love that! As far as getting the list, I did get it the first evening in The Restaurant and carried it with me thereafter. After asking for several tastes, and not being particularly thrilled, I believe they thought providing me with the list was the easier way to go!

Hmmm....never thought to ask "off list", but will do so in January when we will be on again for a South America journey. I am sure they will love that! As far as getting the list, I did get it the first evening in The Restaurant and carried it with me thereafter. After asking for several tastes, and not being particularly thrilled, I believe they thought providing me with the list was the easier way to go!

Good tactic!

We are on Sojourn departing 20 June and guess the list will be similar. We shall see. Who knows they may even get some English wine onboard as we are departing from the UK. However I doubt it. Yes, believe it or not we do make some passable whites - even award winning sparkling but not allowed to call it champagne!.

Regards

I would assume it would be the same, but they did say the list changes somewhat depending on the region they are sailing, so perhaps a bottle or two of the English wine might be available!

I would assume it would be the same, but they did say the list changes somewhat depending on the region they are sailing, so perhaps a bottle or two of the English wine might be available!

CHEERS! I will report back idc.

Regards

Hi Marianh,

Please do report back as I will be boarding the ship in Dover on July 4th, the day that you disembark. And if you are able to give us some reports while onboard, regarding service and vibration issues, we would love to read them!

Aloha,

Matt in Hawaii

Only a few of the wines that you listed are available most of the time.

The Champagne,Rose and dessert wine are available all of the time.

Wines are constantly being bought by the bar manager at the various ports of call

Only a few of the wines that you listed are available most of the time.

The Champagne,Rose and dessert wine are available all of the time.

Wines are constantly being bought by the bar manager at the various ports of call

Exactly....as I said, the list changes somewhat depending upon the region they are sailing....and as you said, changes with respect to what is being bought at the various ports of call by the bar manager. I believe we were both saying the same thing! A recent list is better than no list...hope it is helpful.

Archived