Valor - Balcony Room For 4 - Question

smg669

Hi. We're booked on Valor in a baclony cabin on the Lido deck - it'll be me, my wife, a 6 year old and a 3 year old. The Carnival site lists the cabin as "Twin Bed/King and Single Convertible Sofa and Upper". In a recent thread, others have stated that in this configuration it is not possible to convert the two twins into a king, due to difficulties making the bed. Is this the case with all 4-person cabins, including the balcony cabins? Or was the previous thread speaking only of the oceanview/inside cabins? The 360 degree tour of a balcony cabin for Glory on the Carnival site seems to indicate that it would work because of the need to access the balcony door.

Anyone have any experience with this? Not that we are planning to knock boots with our two daugters sleeping a few feet away, but we're used to a king size bed.

S

two twins will be put together. I really dont think it makes up to a king bed. There is a lot of room missing. Two beds are put together and sometimes made with a mat to make it feel like one bed. But mostly the beds are made up as two beds with one blanket across the top. It is easier for the cabin steward to make them up during the day.

The upper is usually a "berth" meaning it is a bunk bed coming out of the wall. The single convertable sofa means that it will sleep one. This means that your kids will not be in the same bed together. The two twin beds will most likely convert into a king bed as the description says. Hope this helps.

When we cruised on the Legend we had four in our room dd,dd,dh, and myself. The twin beds were apart so we had two twins and we left it that way, because the beds seemed narrow and my dh is a big guy. He slept better that way. Plus the girls fought over the top bunk and the older one could not handle sleeping under the bunk so see got my bed. What goes though a kids mind..... Last year on the Pride we had cat 11 and the bed was together. She was older and did not have an issue. Either way it worked for us.

In a recent thread, others have stated that in this configuration it is not possible to convert the two twins into a king, due to difficulties making the bed.

S

That only applies to an inside only on the class of ship you are refering to.

Steve

Archived