Pearl Charter?

OceanLiner

Just got a call from a friend that was booked on NCL Pearl for Feb 6, 2011. He received an automated call from NCL that the Pearl has been chartered and that his booking was no longer valid. Any ideas what he should do or request from NCL? Also, just for conversation, does anyone know who chartered the cruise?

Just got a call from a friend that was booked on NCL Pearl for Feb 6, 2011. He received an automated call from NCL that the Pearl has been chartered and that his booking was no longer valid. Any ideas what he should do or request from NCL? Also, just for conversation, does anyone know who chartered the cruise?

Looks like some sort of music festival. http://www.cayamo.com/

I am sorry for your friend - I would be bummed after putting the energy into planning a cruise.

Thanks for the info and your sentiment is correct. This was to be his first cruise and he had an Owners Suite. Lot of effort and emotion. The automated call from NCL is a real downer and very bad customer service for even attempting to move the reservation and keep it for NCL.

You might want to have your friend call it looks like the Cayamo cruise is on Feb 13, 2011. Not sure why they would cancel his cruise.

What is Cayamo?

Cayamo 2011 is a 7-day music festival and tour through the Eastern Caribbean taking place February 13th - 20th, 2011 and featuring dozens of legendary and up and coming musicians and singer-songwriters. This journey all takes place on the Norwegian Pearl with stops in Tortola, St. Croix, and Great Stirrup Cay. All on-board entertainment is included in the cost of the trip, giving guests the opportunity to see all booked artists in both ticketed and general admission shows in 6 different venues on the ship.

I think it is very bad taste on the part of NCL to use an automated call to someone in the "top 8", and it would truly turn me off. This is something very different than happened in the past, where a team was formed and each passenger was called. A few years ago, we were booked in an AD, and received one of those calls. It was handled very professionaly. Your friends should call and state their displeasure.

Al

I agree not the best way for NCL to handle it's top suite customers.

However the cruise is 20 months away, it should be easy enough for someone to move forward or back a week.

We had a 5 day cruise for April 2011 on the Dawn cancelled very recently. We got a phone call from a rep and an email as well as an offer for a price match and $50 OBC if we would switch to another 5 day Dawn cruise. We were on the fence if we could make this cruise anyway so we just took the refund of our deposit. Is it possible they could not reach your friend on the phone?

I agree not the best way for NCL to handle it's top suite customers.

However the cruise is 20 months away, it should be easy enough for someone to move forward or back a week.

how do you get 20 months away???? more like 8..... and they may very well have their flights booked already...

I got the same call for our Feb 6th cruise, :mad: after I finished sobbing I called the number given on the automated call and found out that the Feb 6th cruise IS NOT CANCELLED, just the Feb 13th....yippeee!! They said there was an error on the message.....so tell him that his suite is still waiting for him!!!:)

I think that he might drop the cruise, he feels a bit betrayed. If he is contacted again by NCL, what should he expect in the way of cooperation from NCL; ship board credits; special amenities, etc...he doesn't want to upgrade and he doesn't need to upgradge. BTW:the booking is directly with NCL.

Like you, I'd be extremely disappointed, but before thinking I'd quit on NCL, I'd try to remember that this can happen on any mainstream cruise line.

My group was booked for the Feb. 13 sailing. We are very disappointed and might not rebook with NCL.

Archived