P&O Ferries: Pride of Bilbao 'mini cruise'

ShipsInBergen

I've just booked onto a 3 night return trip from Portsmouth to Bilbao and have a couple of questions. Before I start, I know this isn't a cruise. I know the Pride of Bilbao is a grotty old ferry and that she will be cramped and full of 'booze-cruisers', etc. I am sufficiently interested in ships to want to go anyway before P&O retire her at the end of the year.

So, to anyone who has taken this trip before, is it possible to take your own food and drink onboard with you? I'm guessing this is ok since it's just a ferry and therefore as foot passengers there are few baggage restrictions, but I don't want to have any hassle at check-in. I know the food onboard will be pricey and I'm keen for this not to turn into an expensive trip (as I may as well just have booked one of the 2/3 night ones with P&O cruises!).

Also, does anyone have info about the type of plug sockets in the room or any other general tips on surviving the crossing!?

I've searched online and the only forums I can find on the subject dried up years ago, so I thought I'd turn to cruise critic on the off chance that someone here had the answers! Thanks in advance to anyone wo can help.

You may get a better answer if you head over to the www.bfenthusiasts.com forum.

Thanks. I've had a look and this is almost exclusively Brittany Ferries. The equivalent 'enthusiast' website for P&O ferries doesn't have a forum. I'll sign up and post over there anyway, but I'll keep checking back incase someone on these boards knows!

Thanks. I've had a look and this is almost exclusively Brittany Ferries. The equivalent 'enthusiast' website for P&O ferries doesn't have a forum. I'll sign up and post over there anyway, but I'll keep checking back incase someone on these boards knows!

Yes but many of the members have travelled on the POB and have a lot of knowledge.

Archived