I will never, EVER cruise again to....

Tapi

Which port on Carnival's itineraries would you never, EVER want to visit again?  

762 members have voted

1. 1. Which port on Carnival's itineraries would you never, EVER want to visit again?

• Cozumel, Mexico
    • Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
    • Nassau, Bahamas
    • Ocho Rios, Jamaica
    • St. Maarten, NA
    • St. Thomas, USVI
    • San Juan, Puerto Rico
    • OTHER

I'd say Nassau. And then second, I'd say Acapulco. It was a pretty run down place and not the safest.

If we go back to Belize, we'd probably tender to a snorkeling island instead of doing anything in Belize City. We did the Major T cave tubing and it was an ok time but not something I'd do again.

Freeport was a dump but the snorkeling charter was ok.

Grand Cayman has some awesome snorkeling. But yes, it's sort of boring.

St Maarten has that lovely beach.

St Thomas -- eh, bad snorkeling. It was a really hot day when we went, so I can't say much about it. It wasn't one of my favorite ports.

Mazatlan -- Ugh. That's another place I wouldn't bother with. Manzanillo, too.

Where would I go again? Roatan, Cabo, Zijuateneho, any "private" island from a cruiseline, snorkeling in Cozumel....

But let's be realistic. If a port sucks, get back on the ship and hang out at the pool. A day on a cruise is better than a day at work!! :D

O.K., sorry to ruffle so many feathers when I said I didn't like PR.

My bad...yes, yes, yes, I know it's a city, I know it's US terrority...I still don't like it.

Yes, we should have brought our Advil, but we forgot....have you never forgotten anything....even important items?

If you were so offended by my post.....re-read your posts back to me....my goodness. I said I didn't like a place....you people are being nasty to a person....thanks....you are all very delightful.

Later.....much....

Progresso, Mexico!! We went to a resort (if you call it that). It had dead cockroaches on the ground, the water was all dirty, beach had trash everywhere. I even saw rolled up carpet in the water.

The driver told us the problem with Progress is the "corruption!" Yes, we have used that as our "funny quote" since then.

It was so bad that my husband said that he wished he had done laundry on the ship instead of going out there.

Truth is I would go anywhere again, if I could...in a quick minute.

Biut if forced, I would say my least favorite place is Key West......I know it is the USA, but very quirky. But both times I have been there it has been hot as H****! No ocean breeze unless actually on the ocean. I have snorkled there, seen the butterfly place (AMAZING!!),para sailed, gone on the trolley tour, had lunch at the Warf, etc.

If you are waiting for a tour near the pier, there is NO place to sit in the shade!! And I have never had a breeze at anytime near the pier. Hot, hot, hot! (But, yes, I would go again....if I could! :D)

As has been said already, you can only get a taste of a place for the short time you're there on a cruise visit.

That being said, if you'll do your homework and research ahead of time, you can probably find something that you'll enjoy - especially if you'll allow yourself to get out of your comfort zone.

Getting a taste of some of these islands has led us to taking land vacations in Freeport, Cozumel, St. John (ferry ride from St. Thomas), and (gasp!) Jamaica!

Right now we're on a St. John kick big time - we have our 4th and 5th trips there planned for this year!

But some of the other "crap holes" listed above are still on my list of places I plan to explore further, including Belize, the Mayan Riviera, and Puerto Rico.

I'll never forget an event on our first cruise - I was enjoying the themed nights in the dining room, and eating local fare at the ports. When we got off of the tender on Grand Cayman we were almost stampeded by fellow cruisers that had spotted something they had obviously been missing very much on their cruise - American food, in the shape of a KFC! :confused:

Our favorite port ever, so far anyway, was Samana. Most other people on the ship hated it because it's very rustic. We really enjoyed it and spent the day on the most spectacularly beautiful and uncrowded beach I've ever seen.

It's all in the eye of the beholder. Have a sense of adventure and get out of your comfort zone. Just be wary of yoru surroundings and you'll be fine.

Archived