Opinions please I am so confussed

Ok here we go I so need a few opinions on what I should do re our booked holiday on the Dream, I am so worried this holiday will not live up to our expectations what with all that seems to be going wrong on this ship.

Here is my list of pro`s and cons please give your opinion based on the below list of what you think you would do.

Pro`s

We have a balcony suite booked this was important in making our cruise special

I wanted to go on a slightly larger ship which the dream is.

If we change to spirit reviews seem to be good ie food service and entertainment pics all look nice.

The hotel we could book if we changed to spirit is nicer than the one we booked with cruise and stay with Dream

Cons

Everything in the bad reviews ie wet carpets, sewage smells, dodgy toilets, cold food, low staff moral, ques ect ect

Stupidly when i booked our cruise and stay I booked the wrong hotel to stay in, although nice it isnt want we wanted, I cant change have tried.

If we jump ship to the spirit, we cant have a balcony, and its a smaller ship

Based on the above opinions much appreciated I am so confused. We hope that Dream will be all sorted out by Aug when we go but reviews seem to be getting worse BUT for the reasons above we still really want to be on Dream HELP:confused:

We're going on Thomson Dream for two weeks from August 10. That's still 10 weeks away, and I have to think that most of the problems will have been resolved by then. I know that Thomson's are aware of the horrific reviews, and whilst I'm sure many have been exaggerated, they will have to ensure that things improve...and soon!!

Hi,

I know we've been, but if we were looking to go in the near future we definitely would not choose the Dream until she was properly sorted out.

And I know if DW had been reading the recent posts and we had booked she would make me change it.

I know she's bigger but she also has more passengers aboard than the Spirit. So I suppose the passenger space is not much different in the public areas.

You also mentioned you couldn't change the hotel ona cruise and stay.

We are doing Red Sea Magic cruise and stay in April and we have been able to change both the cabin and the hotel after booking.

Berwyn

This is a reply to an email I sent earlier today...

Good Morning Laurence,

Thank you for your email.

Firstly, we would like to thank you for your repeat custom.

As you are aware there have been a few teething problems on our new flagship. This was affecting hot water and vacuum toilet systems from time to time. The incidents were happening in isolation, rather than affecting large areas of the ship at any one time. And when issues do arise, the ship is dealing with them as quickly and as efficiently as possible.

The situation is improving day by day, and we are confident these problems will soon be behind us.

There are some very damaging reviews being posted on different cruise websites and forums which are exaggerating the nature of the problems onboard. We accept there are some problems they are isolated. Whilst this is still really disappointing, it's important to stress that most guests are able to enjoy their holiday.

The food, entertainment and service onboard are as good as you will find on any other Thomson ship. The ship itself is in very good condition, and more than merits its billing as the flagship of the Thomson fleet.

OK...Now I'M CONFUSED!!!:confused: Is this post about the Thompson Dream or the Carnival Dream??? Can we stay on topic PLEASE!!!!

Hi,

It's the Thomson Dream and we're on topic as it's the Thomson's board.

We stayed in a grand suite with a balcony, so can give my opinion on that point.

They our absolutely superb, only 6 on this ship. Better than any other suite, on any other Thomson ship. The bedroom is separate from the lounge area. There is a walk in wardrobe absolutely stunning. The bathroom has a jacuzzi bath with shower over. I am guessing that compared to the rest of the ship, these suites have been recently refitted. You will get free water every day, flowers, fruit etc.

Don't understand why they can't change your hotel.

Hope this helps

Hi Alli

Yes what a difficult choice.I too was faced with this dilemna and I have changed to the Spirit.Peace of mind was more important to me!

Stay with the Dream and you are going to be concerned until the reviews improve.Change now whilst you still have time and you will have peace of mind and be able to look forward to your cruise- which is how it should be.

Many people have been on the Dream and had a good time.It's the chance you take, or not.

I know if i had the toilet problems that others have reported I would be so upset.I would want to leave the ship as soon as possible but I guess I'd be stuck there and the thought sends alarm bells through me!

I was once on a ferry where the toilet filled up to overflowing and it is a horrendous experience!

We befriended a guy on the Destiny last month and his toilet overflowed for three days-the plumber was in and out of his cabin trying to fix it every day- he was gutted by the experience and so upset, but as the ship was full he was unable to move to another cabin.He spent as little time as possible in the cabin as he couldn't cope with the trauma- he was in the bars till the early hours and couldn't wait to go home.We had no such problems but I really felt for him.

You work all year to pay for the cruise and so you want it to meet your expectations.The adverse reports made me so wary, so I acted.

Incidently I have stayed at the Lavante at Cala Bona and it is a really nice hotel-sister hotel to the Lavante Park across the road.Which hotel were you hoping to switch to?

Flopsy

We stayed in a grand suite with a balcony, so can give my opinion on that point.

They our absolutely superb, only 6 on this ship. Better than any other suite, on any other Thomson ship. The bedroom is separate from the lounge area. There is a walk in wardrobe absolutely stunning. The bathroom has a jacuzzi bath with shower over. I am guessing that compared to the rest of the ship, these suites have been recently refitted. You will get free water every day, flowers, fruit etc.

Don't understand why they can't change your hotel.

Hope this helps

Just to add. We did have issues with the plumbing mainly in the public areas. Whether these issues would be resolved by your holiday is anybodies guess.

Hi,

It's the Thomson Dream and we're on topic as it's the Thomson's board.

Thanks :rolleyes: My mistake. That's what happens when I just click on a RSS feed link and don't read the WHOLE link. Too many "Dream"s popping up, Carnival Dream, NCL Dream, Thompson Dream, and soon: the Disney Dream!!!:eek:

Hi folks and thank you so far for your input and it is lovely to read Ellie`s post as I have been desperate to hear from someone who has stayed in one of the grande suits.

Yes we are booked in the Lavante Park I thought I had booked the Lavante as we so wanted a sea view and l;oved the fact the beach was literally on the doorstep I know the Lavante Park is only accross the road but hey I want this to be perfect so being in Lavante was important, my stupid fault though.

They cannot change us which seems so stupid because we would need to Cancel the whole thing and start from scratch and rebook, there are no Grande suites left so we could not book one. I know what your thinking we would be cancelling a grande suite so why cant we just rebook that one with the new booking ???? Not that simple..... apparently it does not work like that and we would have to wait for the suite to be made available live on site again before we could book it, and it is not garenteed we would get there first BLOODY STUPID but this is how it is. Spent a hour on phone to Thompsons yesterday. Why they cant just keep our ship booking but switch our hotel is beyond me ????

Yes I keep thinking it is weeks away until our holiday and I would hope things are swiftly delt with long before we go but as it seems to be getting worse it is worrying. I still want to stick with dream but the whole peace of mind thing is doing my head in. We have to pay our balance in the next week or so and I want to sort my head out before I do that and I am so confussed :confused::confused::rolleyes:

Thanks :rolleyes: My mistake. That's what happens when I just click on a RSS feed link and don't read the WHOLE link. Too many "Dream"s popping up, Carnival Dream, NCL Dream, Thompson Dream, and soon: the Disney Dream!!!:eek:

Sounds like a nightmare more than a Dream with all those choices :D

We're going on Thomson Dream for two weeks from August 10. That's still 10 weeks away, and I have to think that most of the problems will have been resolved by then. I know that Thomson's are aware of the horrific reviews, and whilst I'm sure many have been exaggerated, they will have to ensure that things improve...and soon!!

We will be going on the Dream at the same time. My fingers are firmly crossed that the plumbing issues have been fixed by then - after all, it's 10 weeks away. I think we can safely assume that Thomson's are working very hard to fix the problems as the adverse publicity they are receiving is doing them no good at all.

This is a reply to an email I sent earlier today...

Good Morning Laurence,

Thank you for your email.

Firstly, we would like to thank you for your repeat custom.

As you are aware there have been a few teething problems on our new flagship. This was affecting hot water and vacuum toilet systems from time to time.The incidents were happening in isolation, rather than affecting large areas of the ship at any one time. And when issues do arise, the ship is dealing with them as quickly and as efficiently as possible.

The situation is improving day by day, and we are confident these problems will soon be behind us.

There are some very damaging reviews being posted on different cruise websites and forums which are exaggerating the nature of the problems onboard. We accept there are some problems they are isolated. Whilst this is still really disappointing, it's important to stress that most guests are able to enjoy their holiday.

The food, entertainment and service onboard are as good as you will find on any other Thomson ship. The ship itself is in very good condition, and more than merits its billing as the flagship of the Thomson fleet.

A few teething problems,Isolated problems,improving day by day,confident these problems will soon be behind us etc etc

Have they not being saying this since day one/the 1st cruise?:confused:

Ellie did you have issues with plumbing and air con in your cabin or was that ok, do you have any pics by anychance thanks from Alli:)

Alliballi We had one occassion without water but not for long (1/2 hour). The air con was an issue, too hot then too cold. Didn't seem to be able to control the temp at all. I do have some pics of the cabin but don't know how to upload them sorry :(

Im really dissapointed with all the negative reviews we had such a great time on the dream and has made us want to keep cruising we were so very close to rebooking the dream for next year but dates and ports of call made me choose RCI and the fact we wanted to try an even bigger ship than the dream. But for us to want to go back somewhere must of made it amazing as we have never gone anywhere twice nor do we plan to unless it blows us away and the dream really was a dream for us the best holiday we have ever had and i think a lot of that was thanks to the service, the staff and the ship itself!

i just wish everyone was as happy with it as us! :-(

Im really dissapointed with all the negative reviews we had such a great time on the dream and has made us want to keep cruising we were so very close to rebooking the dream for next year but dates and ports of call made me choose RCI and the fact we wanted to try an even bigger ship than the dream. But for us to want to go back somewhere must of made it amazing as we have never gone anywhere twice nor do we plan to unless it blows us away and the dream really was a dream for us the best holiday we have ever had and i think a lot of that was thanks to the service, the staff and the ship itself!

That's great to hear some positive feedback - I'm really pleased you enjoyed it so much and pleased too for the people reading these posts who are booked to go on Dream. They must be very relieved to hear of your experience. Most posts have been pretty negative - but perhaps there is a silent majority out there who have enjoyed their holiday on Dream (I know for people directly affected with plumbing problems even if 99% of customers are happy it isn't any consolation for a ruined holiday - and they have my sympathy and I hope some appropriate compensation to follow.)

I really wouldn't know what to advise you to do, alliballi. Ellie's post must be a relief too - especially about the balcony cabin. I can see with such a good report of the cabin that would be tempting to stick with it. It is also true to say the Dream should be significantly more spacious than the Celebration/Spirit as it is about 60% bigger (tonnage) but only carries about 20% more passengers so the maths would suggest more space - but as I haven't been on the Dream I can't be sure if my assumptions are correct.

I can see where Flopsy and others are coming from - do you want the peace of mind of swapping knowing what you'll get and that it's good OR do you stay with the Dream with what should be a better ship (?? :eek:) space wise and for your cabin choice and trust that things will get on track very soon? BIG dilemma!

I can't see this situation going on much longer though - surely if it's getting worse and is so bad, they will have no option but to take it out of service until it's sorted - the bad publicity/possibility of Watchdog/BBC or other high profile media coverage will surely force their hand if passenger complaints don't. I'd be optomistic like VWgolf that it will be sorted - but having said that I'd be just as concerned as you are about the best way forward just now.:confused:

Good luck with it anyway - and fingers crossed for you and everyone involved. :)

dan,

i made the best of our holiday but being a roadworker who had saved my hard earned cash to go on a 5* SHIP which wasnt worthy of 3* then yes i will vent my opinion and let people know there is problems on the ship.

if i had been on a lads weekend i wouldve loved it but i was with my wife who deserved better:mad:

dan,

i made the best of our holiday but being a roadworker who had saved my hard earned cash to go on a 5* SHIP which wasnt worthy of 3* then yes i will vent my opinion and let people know there is problems on the ship.

if i had been on a lads weekend i wouldve loved it but i was with my wife who deserved better:mad:

Absoloutly and i agree that you should be able to air opinions!

i was expecting high quality but at the same time i realise that thomson isnt a luxury cruise line but it was the most expensive holiday i had been on it was a birthday present to my soon to be wife so i needed it to be perfect and to me and in my opinion it was! she absoloutly loved every last minute of it and so in the same sense i feel that people should take that in to consideration.

I feel some people did complain for the sake of compalining, not that im saying some people didnt have valid points for complaining, but for example i heard one older couple say about the food and the fact there wasnt much choice in the orion, how isnt there much choice with 5 courses, starters having around 5 choices, soups 3 choices, salads 2 / 3 choices, mains 5 choices, desserts 5 choices?!

As i say im not dismissing the fact there were and may still be lots of issues but i had the most perfect holiday with my fiance and couldnt of asked for anything more.

Absoloutly and i agree that you should be able to air opinions!

i was expecting high quality but at the same time i realise that thomson isnt a luxury cruise line but it was the most expensive holiday i had been on it was a birthday present to my soon to be wife so i needed it to be perfect and to me and in my opinion it was! she absoloutly loved every last minute of it and so in the same sense i feel that people should take that in to consideration.

I feel some people did complain for the sake of compalining, not that im saying some people didnt have valid points for complaining, but for example i heard one older couple say about the food and the fact there wasnt much choice in the orion, how isnt there much choice with 5 courses, starters having around 5 choices, soups 3 choices, salads 2 / 3 choices, mains 5 choices, desserts 5 choices?!

As i say im not dismissing the fact there were and may still be lots of issues but i had the most perfect holiday with my fiance and couldnt of asked for anything more.

yes choices there but on the last night i waited one and a half hrs after my starter to get my soup just aswell i wasnt going anywhere:D,

its good you enjoyed

Glad people are posting the positive as well as the negative ans I cant believe that Thompson can let this go on, if it does there is going to be so much bad press for them and yes someone will end up going to Watchdog or the likes and I am sure it would be taken up nothing like a bit of dirt on a huge holiday company to boost TV ratings.

I am still undecided I truely want to stay with the dream and am trusting that Thompson WILL do right by all future passengers but WILL THEY ???

Half of me says stay put and if it is a nightmare not a dream I can always throw my toys out the pram scream and shout and make a real pest of myself, possibly wont get me anywhere but at least I will feel better:D. God I sound like a brat which I am not but this will be the most money ever we have spent on a holiday and I dont expect the world but I do want to enjoy every second without sewage, wet carpets and cold food.

Thanks everyone for your input but I am still confussed, why should we all be going through this everyone who is going to be sailing on her over summer should be excited and looking forward to there hard earned holiday, this is really spoiling that :(

Hi Alli

Yes I agree- if only the worries could be dispelled.No amount of compensation replaces a bad holiday.Everyone surely just wants to have a trouble free experience.

I've just looked at Levante Park photos on Thomson website and it looks as if a lot of the bedrooms do have a direct seaview so you may be lucky after all.The road between the two hotels is, as far as I can remember, just a single track road- so you are only a stones throw from the beach.

Flopsy

we're on the dream for two weeks same time as you,and yes we keep hoping things are going to be better.

Anyone tell me the E mail address for Thomson that actually replies. I have E mailed Pre Travel services twice today and have 2 automated replies telling me that I will recieve a reply in 28 days...not a lot of use as we leave on 22nd June

Thanks

Archived