I am going to smuggle

pamwinn

That's a poor generalization of some asian cultures.

Being asian myself, rest assured that dog eating (although it exists) is very uncommon and only happens in some of the poorest and most remote pockets of these countries.

I guess i'm just a little defensive. If you see a filipino steward, please don't classify them as such, as they likely have never touched the stuff and do not deserve the bad rap.

Can't speak for Largin, but no offense intended by me; just a bit of "black" humor, more directed toward the dog-people themselves (in which category we find ourselves, times 3!) than demeaning or insulting any Asian cultures.

And I do know Filipinos (if we're going to single that nationality out) who are intimately familiar with this in their own homeland. I have no problem or issue whatsoever with their cultural practices/preferences/dictates.

Personally , alot of times I like the pets better than the people :). Pets are a big part of alot of peoples lives, they are always loving , don't talk back and give us lots of joy. And yes we all know we are leaving our pets at home, we just like a good laugh :) thus a thread on the boards like this. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff. :) Have a good day everyone.

Cori

I'm surprised nobody thought of wrapping him in bubble wrap so he doesn't break.:D

My big dog hates water more than any cat you've ever met. She would FREAK OUT at sea:eek: ! My little dog would be shoving the Captain aside - "let me take the wheel-I'm way cuter than you are!" She would like to speak at the Captain's gala, too! Arf!

Great idea.Crap there goes my case of beer. :mad: Tip a buck per pound. :) I was also thinking of smuggling our Sam on as he was born in a tux and we supply the tie. :D He may be better dressed and certainly more behaved than some cruisers. :eek:

Steve

Awwwwwwwww your Sam is adorable! :)

I would let him be my cabin mate!

I understand that you can fit certain canine breeds in 2 gallon zip-lock bags. If you roll them and then press all the air out of the bag, you can remove your dog with little or no ironing required.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :)

It's a shame that Cunard is the only cruise line that allows pets. They have a specific deck for them. You can visit with them & walk them. I wish more cruise lines provided this service. What it costs me to board my beautiful Engish Cocker Spaniel Girl I would rather pay the cruise line & take her with me. We hate to leave her. As some one stated they would not want to go into the room after a pet, well I would rather have that room then what some humans have left behind! Dh & I travel all over with her because many hotels & restaurants are pet friendly she is properly trained & I would rather travel with her then some misbehaved children. Before anyone starts complaining yes I have kids & soon a grandbaby.

;) I am going to Smuggle my room steward off the ship next time. He'll have shorter hours and less work to do. I just have to find one that will fit in my suitcase. What kind of amenities should I provide in the luggage besides air holes. :eek:

I have one word for you.

IDIOT

Thanks for wasting my time reading your stupid thread.

Gee MapleCruise! I am sorry I wasted your time. Pease accept my apology. You were probably lured into this thread thinking it was about smuggling booze. Again, I am really, really, really, really sorry. :rolleyes:

donna5, I think you've got something there. I always want to take my steward home too. :D

I have one word for you.

IDIOT

Thanks for wasting my time reading your stupid thread.

Totally not necessary post!:rolleyes: I thought that your thread was enjoyable pamwinn. Sometimes a little fun is needed on this board.

FYI Pets are welcome on the Queen Elizabeth.

They have a

amazing kennel for pets. Last I heard the Queen Mary was thinking of adding a kennel.

My little yorkie would love to go on a cruise. He has been on many airplanes and flies real well.. Face it as long as he is with me he goes anywhere.

I wonder if Princess would ever add a kennel?

OK... I give in... I'll try to smuggle my 175 pound Neapolitan Mastiff... although, I'm pretty sure she exceeds that 50lb airline baggage limit, so I'm not sure how I'm going to break her into two, oops, 3, oh no.... FOUR suitcases !! hehehehe

I love this thread !

Archived