Beach Day in Cabo/Mazatlan

rachel_f99

My husband and I would like to do a beach or resort day with the kids (6 and 7) in Cabo and/or Mazatlan on our upcoming RCI Mexican Riviera cruise. Normally we just do ship excursions because I enjoy not having to worry about transportation and knowing the ship will wait for me if we have a problem.

However, none of the ship's excursions looked very good...and for a just a beach or resort day it was very expensive. Does anyone have any advice for kid friendly activities in those ports?

We are going horseback riding with "Randi's Happy Horses" in Mazatlan. It is $45 per person. She (an American) meets you at the cruise ship, provides transportation to Stone Island for horseback riding and then you have time at the beach before heading back to the ship. She has gotten GREAT reviews here on CC.....

Definitely do Stone Island in Mazatlan. You don't need to do a ship excursion. On the ports of call board, there are easy directions to Stone island. We did it with our 15 month old a year ago.

Given our sons age, we didn't do any activities, but I have heard lots of good things about Randi's that was mentioned above.

Can't comment on Cabo... grandparents watched DS and we did jet skis.

There's no reason to worry about "being left behind"...just make sure your watch (not your cell phone!!!) is set to ship's time before you get off the ship...and then allow yourself plenty of time for the return trip. Not a big deal...folks do the beaches on their own ALL the time! There's no need for excursions for days like that!

I bet the kids would love the horses, are they old enough to do it?

When I emailed Randi she said 3 and up can ride their own horse that she has her guides stay with the kids.....I feel safe (but I might pack DD, who is 5's, bike helmet to be safe).

Archived