Anyone going on the 3 week caribbean cruise on Aurora April '11??

Lewing

Hi - has anyone booked the 3 week caribbean cruise on Aurora for April 2011?? Has anyone been on the cruise this year??? If so would like to hear what you thought of it

Many thanks

Linda

Hii

Have you been to the caribbean before? Have you been on the Aurora before?

We were wondering how many of the islands you can do on your own without paying for an excursion - was hoping to be able to walk off cruise ship and be near some beaches.

This is our first P&O cruise and its for my birthday

Best wishes

Linda

Hi,

Yes we have done it before, but not been to St. Maarten before. Three weeks is fantastic. Have done it 2 weeks flying which was good to get good weather immediately, but the 3 weeks on the ship is much more relaxing even if the weather can be iffy the first and last week!

Ponta Delgarda is an easy walk into the lovely little town. Good place to stock up on duty paid items. Have done a tour to the two coloured lakes. Very nice, but wouldnt do it again.

Tortola. We went swimming with dolphins at the Discovery Centre. (booked via the internet) Then had a walk round and had a PainKiller at Pussers. Had to sleep the rest of the afternoon! There are some great beaches here though. (We are not really beach people)

Antigua. We got a taxi just outside dock area. Cheaper than P&O tours, but it was an experience. The car certainly would not pass an MOT in this country. Went to English Harbour and then on to Devils Bridge (I think - cannot remember what it was called but I wanted to see it) instead of going to the beach which is their usual tour. Walked round town in afternoon.

St. Vincent. Didnt like it much first time round, but it is worth seeing - it wasnt a tourist destination first time we went. Did half day tour. Interesting, but not that good. Walked round in afternoon. Most people dont particularly like St.Vincent. Next time we did the all day tour, boat and then coach back. Amazing. Had a great time, saw some fantastic places, will probably do this again.

Barbados. Lots to see and do. But the very, very best is the swim with Turtles tour. (we did half day).

Madeira. Just the morning here. Just enough time to stock up on any more duty paid items, especially Madeira wine, a a visit to the fish and flower market.

Lots on this site under destinations. There are loads of great tips and advice and opinions.

Look on YouTube for St.Maarten beach and the planes!

Under a year to go now!

Thanks for all that info will certainly look where you suggested. We didn't want a fly-cruise because of weight restrictions plus being a 3 week holiday.

We have only done one med cruise before about years ago but as this is for a special birthday this is what I chose to do as I'm not one to have a 'party'.

Do you know what 'special' evenings there will be apart from the normal casual, formal etc nights?

Thank you for answering

Linda

Archived