Spear fishing in Cozumel!?

Julzizzle

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this up lol

Has anyone tried this? the reviews are amazing and my boyfriend really wants to try it out! Might finally venture out and book our own excursions not just the ships lol.

Been emailing back and forth with Leo and he seems great and really organized.

We have 3 couples so that makes it a private tour for us! Even better!!

I read every one of the trip advisor reviews and none of them mentioned sharks of any kind lol.

• 1 month later...

My 9 year old son and I went spearfishing with Leo last year about this time,and had a blast!!! We were not the best in the world and killed nothing(I should have but choked) but it was still the highlight of our cruise. Leo is very safe and knowledgeable and took extra time with my son to be sure he was safe. We didn't see any sharks but he does see them sometimes and even spears a few .Check out his pics on his website ,its a great site with lots of pictures. One of the posts on tripadvisor was mine and I stand by it.Leo was more than a guide....we both left Cozumel with a new friend .He loves doing what he does and it is obvious after diving with him.Also its worth the price to see him dive ,he can stay at about 40 feet long enough to read the morning paper,haha. Hope you have as good of a time as we did and tell Leo that Billy and Will from Alabama said "Hello Amigo"

If I'm not mistaken he has pics of some that were taken by either him or his clients on his website,but I could be wrong its been awhile since I visited his site:).I met him at the marina but McDonald's would have been better as it within walking distance from the pier. The marina was a short taxi ride.

Archived