Will we be out of place?

Aleedie

Hello all-

My boyfriend and I are thinking about booking opera for 3/5 or 3/19. We are both 22 and in college. Does anyone think that we would feel a little too young for the cruise scene? I was hoping that there would be more college kids at this time b/c it's during spring break. I don't even know if my boyfriend has a suit nice enough for formal nights...

smiles,

allison

Hi Alison,

I am a 24 y/o college student, going on a Opera Cruise (first cruise for both!)with my boyfriend on 02/12. From what I can tell, it's a mostly older crowd. BUT, when you are in college, I think that can be a breath of fresh air. I am kind of looking forward to no puking frat boys! Plus, our cruise has 4 ports of call, and I know there will be an active nightlife in a couple of them (San Juan..) Feel free to email me at retrovertigo@optonline.net after 02/19 and I will let you know how it was!

Hey there Allison!

My roomate and I are also both 22 and heading out on the Opera on the 2/12 sailing which just happens to be our Spring Break. In my past experiences sailing during February/March, there always seems to be a younger crowd on board with many universities and colleges on Reading Week around now. With a ship of over 1400 guests, I think it's very unlikely that you'll be the youngest on board! And if so...old people can be fun sometimes! My advice would be don't worry about it...just go and have a blast!

Cheers,

:) Aaron :)

Hi Allison,

I just got off the Opera this morning. I think you will be just fine. Yes, it is an older crowd, but there were still plenty of people your age aboard. The Animation Team is great, and all about your age. You'll have a lot of fun. As far as formal night goes, don't sweat it. Saw everything from tuxes to shirts and ties. And if you don't feel like dressing up, they have alternative dining upstairs where you don't need to dress up at all. It's a beautiful ship, a lot of fun, great entertainment, good food, fantastic service and the best drink prices of any cruise I have sailed. Enjoy!

Archived