Aft balcony vs Aft Mini Suite

pisces0318

Already looking to book our next cruise with NCL and have a question.

I don’t mind spending extra $$ to get the additional sq feet with the mini but my concern is that the aft mini suites on the Jewel are on deck 11….right below the Great Outdoors. Can people see off the 12th floor deck into our balcony?

Also do you get sun on an aft balcony?

Thanks in advance.....

People up above can only see you if you are out at the rail of your balcony. Privacy not really an issue.

You will hear lots of chairs being moved around early in the morning and you will likely have something land on your balcony from above.

Having stayed in both, I would opt for a BA balcony on deck 10 over the deck 11 minis. JMO

We had a mini on 11 and did not experience the noises from above . I did expect it because we have stayed in similar cabins but. I did notice that they had rubber feet on the chair legs in the great outdoors café. I know , weird thing to notice. In other words we liked it.;)

People up above can only see you if you are out at the rail of your balcony. Privacy not really an issue.

You will hear lots of chairs being moved around early in the morning and you will likely have something land on your balcony from above.

Having stayed in both, I would opt for a BA balcony on deck 10 over the deck 11 minis. JMO

First choice would be a BA on deck 10 and only deck 10 over the mini suites on 11 only because of the size of the balcony. I had no issues with noise from above the 2 times I was in one of the aft mini suites.

That said you are much more visable from above on deck 10 and more likely to catch anything from above that a haapens to fall or be dropped. You can see the deck 11 balconies are just about completely covered and deck 10 sticks out.

2926784720059187889S500x500Q85.jpg

We were in a stern suite on Deck 10 on the Jade. There's only a small part of your balcony, at the rail, where you can be seen from above. And really, what are you going to be doing there? :)

We had no problems with trash or the like; granted, it was the winter in the Med, but still...

I would not let any of these concerns be a deterrent about Deck 10 stern cabins. The balconies are much deeper than they are on Decks 9 and 11... And on Deck 10, you are between two decks of cabins, not public spaces. We loved Deck 10.

Had the aft balcony on the Jewel on deck 10 last month and loved it! Would not upgrade to a mini-suite since there are no suite perks with that cabin. Spend the extra money at the bars!

We had a couple pieces of food fall onto our balcony and there was water there in the morning from the cleaning of the Great Outdoors, but the water drained out by itself and our steward took care of any food that found its way onto our balcony. The only problem is that now I only want to cruise if I can have an aft balcony! We had a lounge chair, small table, large chair, and a large reclining chair and still had room for another lounge if we wanted one. The view is amazing and we slept like babies...and no seasickness...although DH wears the patch.

Enjoy your cruise!

We were in an Aft mini on the Jade and loved it.

They are on Deck 11 and we had no problems with the deck above. For anyone to see into your balcony they would have to seriously hang over the rail, not something that anyone sensible would do at the back of the ship.

We only had the occasional piece of debris from the cafe, a napkin or coffee stirrer. not a problem. There was no noise to speak of, you may be able to haer a conversation going on above you but nothing to disturb you.

If the sun was in the right place, the balcony was a real sun trap. it depends on your direction of travel. Going north we got roasted, coming back south the sun went across the front of the ship so we didn't see it.

Aft balconies are great with no wind and a great view, but you will walk further.

On the other hand, nobody walks past your door.

Archived