Any Good Links to Packing Lists?

peanutzmom

I used to have a great link to cruise packing lists, but when we got the new computer, it disappeared. So, I figured I'd start from scratch -- what are your favorite Packing List links? I only have a week to go, so I need to start packing!:D

Oh lord, LOL, those lists crack me up. The only thing I really load up on while packing are the meds that I'd need and don't want to spend time (and an arm/leg) for while away.

Other than that, I've found I'm getting better at packing less and lighter as each cruise passes. I think you may have better luck asking people for THEIR packing lists than some of those links that I've seen, anyway.

Good luck, though!

LOL! Believe me, I'm a notorious light packer. DH and I can spend a week in St. Martin with two pieces of carry-on luggage.

I'm also a notorious list-maker, though, and I love reading other lists because I'll see something and think, "DUH! We'll probably need that! Why didn't I think of it earlier?" Clothes -- I have that figured out. I just don't want to be in the middle of the Caribbean thinking, "OMG! I forgot the camera charger!"

off to add camera charger to my list before I forget...

Packing Check Off List

Things you need to “carry on“, a backpack is great for this:

Prescription medicine in original bottles ____

X-tra contacts/glasses/sun glasses ____

Cruise tickets/funpass ____

Passport/birth certificates, Photo ID, and credit/debit cards ____

Jewelry ____

Hat ____

Camera & batteries/charger ____

Underwater camera ____

Cell phone charger ____

Soda’s in an extra small suitcase ____

Pack in your suitcases:

Casual outfits ____

Sun dresses for dinner ____

Formal wear ____

Shorts ____

Shirts ____

Thread/needle ____

Mini first aid kit ____

Bathing suit/cover up ____

Under garments ____

Socks ____

PJ’s ____

Bathroom items/make up ____

Hair Brush/Curling iron/ Hot rollers ____

Walking shoes ____

Dress shoes ____

Sandals/flip flops/water shoes____

Power strip (usually only 2 plugs in cabin) ____

Duct tape ____ (just in case your suit case zipper breaks)

Sunscreen/lotion/chap stick ____

Fanny pack/backpack ____

*Bring along $1 bills for tipping.

The best thing that i have brought from learning from these types of posts are:

1-Small power strip- To my wife this is more important than any other thing she packs. IT makes my life better because i have less waiting time when she does her hair

2-Small Clock- This way we know the time when we are in our room. Might seem dumb, but i don't wear watches, and my phone is not with me since i am in the ocean.

3-Post a note- Love this for notes to the room steward, just incase! or note if we have seperated for a few hours

4-Highlighter- love this for the Capers

5-My wife has a collapsable closet shelf thingy...it gives us so much more space in the closets...Thought it was dumb but after we have used it, priceless! (this was given to us from my mother, they cruise alot)

The best thing that i have brought from learning from these types of posts are:

1-Small power strip-

Are these back off of the prohibited list? I wanted to take one because we'll have the kids, which means iPods and DS's to charge, but then there was that big bugaboo about no power strips. I guess I'll go sift through the 4 billion pages of the "prohibited list" thread, try to skim over all of the debates about the pros and cons of each prohibited item, and see what the final word is on it....

I make my packing list by starting with the shower - ask myself what do I need first thing in the AM. Then, what do I need after I get out of the shower, etc. I just mentally take myself through my normal morning routine and make a list. Then, ask myself what do I need to board the ship, etc. I haven't forgotten anything yet!

I also organize my list by suitcase - a list of stuff that will go in my carry-on and another for the larger suitcase, garment bag, etc.

On a 7-day cruise, I took 4 days worth of clothes - one outfit for day, one for night - and then laundry halfway through the cruise.

Keep in mind - these packing lists have you taking everything except the kitchen sink. Once you have packed - take out half and add twice the money and you should be good to go. Have a great cruise. Remember to take lots of $1s for tipping bellhops, rooms service etc.

Archived