Are water shoes needed at Paradise Beach-Cozumel

shirleyky

We will be at Paradise Beach next week and I can't remember if it was Paradise Beach that you needed water shoes to walk into the water because of rocks or another beach.

There is a spot on the NORTH end where you can enter and exit without watershoes....but I am such an OCD Mom...I always make the kids wear them anyway.....

Whern we were there the first time, I wished I had brought mine. The next time we did bring them and had no problems. The pebbles at the bottom can be a little harsh on the feet. It would not prevent us from going in but having the water shoes sure made it more enjoyable. Have fun!

Hi,

We were thinking of going to PB in a couple of weeks on our cruise. could you tell me about the water trampoline and the other water toys they have. How deep is the water around this toys? Just wondering if my kids will need life vests. thanks

Hi,

We were thinking of going to PB in a couple of weeks on our cruise. could you tell me about the water trampoline and the other water toys they have. How deep is the water around this toys? Just wondering if my kids will need life vests. thanks

Not sure how deep, but I couldn't touch out by the trapolines (5'6") - my two youngest wore them even though they could swim. Have a great time!!

Sorry but I have another questions about the life vests. I know someone said that they have some that you could use but I know how uncomfortable lifevests are when they don't fit properly. Like when the shoulder part is sticking up when you are in the water. Should I just bring my own? thanks

Sorry but I have another questions about the life vests. I know someone said that they have some that you could use but I know how uncomfortable lifevests are when they don't fit properly. Like when the shoulder part is sticking up when you are in the water. Should I just bring my own? thanks

Been a few years since we've been there, at that time they had kayaks to use in designated area, and required life vests. They were the buckle up vest kind. My son was 1-12 if I recall and it fit him fine. Best to bring one if you are concerned, and it can lie flat in bottom of suitcase as padding.

You can bring your own but it's just one more thing to take up room in your suitcase. The ones there are fine.

When we were there our chairs were down by the dock where the boat leaves for parasailing. I really wished I had water shoes in that area because it is very rocky getting into the water beside the dock. I didn't try further down the beach.

We went to Paradise Beach in January 2010. We loved it!!! We didn't use water shoes. Our kids were 16 (swim team member and certified lifeguard) and 18 year old boyfriend (weak swimmer). They didn't use life jackets, the 18 year old probably should have......he was exhausted.

Younger kids should wear a life jacket. The ones they have there are fine. While we were there a little boy (approximately 10 years old) started screaming and his father had to jump in and get him. It's quite a swim if he had been in real trouble. He was fine, but just got overwhelmed.

MHO

I have to agree with the previous poster. We had a fabulous time there in March but I am an average swimmer and wished I was wearing a life jacket. We went for a swim off the end of the pier and with the current and the deep water I was really tired and a tad anxious by the time I made it back myself. I personally wouldn't do it again without a life jacket. Two of the three teens that were with us on the other hand, are lifeguards and swim instructors and they said they were fine.

The previous poster said that you do need the water shoes but we were there on 5/29 an we didn't need them. No rocks just hot sand. You do know that there are like 5 or 6 beaches there that are side-by-side. I think Paradise has the water toys but we ended up spending all of our time at the last beach cause we wanted to Jet-Ski. We did get dropped off at Paradise Beach and we did a little water stuff there too but we noticed no rocks where we were.

We will be at Paradise Beach next week and I can't remember if it was Paradise Beach that you needed water shoes to walk into the water because of rocks or another beach.

I was at Paradise Beach last year and didn't wear my water shoes. I have Salomon Techamphibians and I use them everywhere. The sand there was beautiful and I didn't think I needed them. I swam out to one of the rafts, jumped off one, went under and went to push off the ocean floor and my foot hit one of the concrete anchors. I opened up a nice gash on the bottom of my foot. The walk back through the sand to the shower to rinse my bloody foot was miserable. Wished I would have used my shoes!:cool: Ruined the rest of my day.

But to just walk on the beach, barefoot would be alright. Actually it was quite nice!

Archived