The Upgrade Fairy Paid Me A Visit

reeree313

We are sailing on the Dream on July 3, 2010, Eastern Caribbean...I got a phone cal this afternoon asking if I wanted to upgrade from an inside cabin on deck 9 to a spa cabin on deck 11 for $100...gee, let me think about it...Of COURSE I want it...I was so excited that I didn't listen to all that was included...does anyone know? I know the spa is, but she rattled on for awhile and I was at work...I should have been listening :p

just curious, was this upsell to another inside on the spa deck (still a great deal, just curious)

Yes, to another inside. I actually thought she said a suite at first and I almost peed my pants...still a good deal though, I think. She said it was a $1000 upgrade...I tend to doubt that one, but definately worth the cost. I'm really excited!

just curious, was this upsell to another inside on the spa deck (still a great deal, just curious)

I was wondering too what category she upgraded to.

Sounds like a nice upsell. Upgrade fairy is dead I heard via the rumor mill.

I was wondering too what category she upgraded to.

Sounds like a nice upsell. Upgrade fairy is dead I heard via the rumor mill.

I heard the same thing Fire....dead, DOA, pushing up daisies.....what ever you want to call it FREE UPGRADES seem to be GONE GONE GONE :cool:

We are sailing on the Dream on July 3, 2010, Eastern Caribbean...I got a phone cal this afternoon asking if I wanted to upgrade from an inside cabin on deck 9 to a spa cabin on deck 11 for $100...gee, let me think about it...Of COURSE I want it...I was so excited that I didn't listen to all that was included...does anyone know? I know the spa is, but she rattled on for awhile and I was at work...I should have been listening :p

I would make sure the spa is included. I remember reading someone got the upgrade and when they got on the ship it did not show them listed for the spa amenities.

I would make sure the spa is included. I remember reading someone got the upgrade and when they got on the ship it did not show them listed for the spa amenities.

I believe this is correct, that if you are upgraded or upsold into a spa cabin you do NOT get the spa amenities. OP, you might want to call back and make sure that you heard correctly, i.e., that you would get them. Then get them to send that to you in writing. Don't take no for an answer. Let us know what you find out.

Ok, you guys are right...it isn't the UPGRADE fairy, it's the UPSELL fairy. lol

I called and they did indicate that the SPA IS INCLUDED...waiting for the email now. Thanks for telling me to get it in writing. I'd be really upset if I paid just to move UP two decks...that would not be worth it. :D

To me this is not an upgrade it is an upsell. You had to pay for something. When the fairy comes no money will exchange hands.

I was on the Dream in Jan. It is a lovely ship. I also paid for myself and future daughter in law to go to the spa for the week (I think it was $300 for the two of us, but included one spa treatment). We really enjoyed going into the thermal pool and the different sauna rooms (especially when the boys were watching football). There is an amazing room with hot beds that are directly over the bridge and you can sit there and watch the ship sailing straight ahead. It's a great treat if you're getting it all for only $100 bucks. I'd pay that just for the suite alone!!! Enjoy your time on the Dream.

If you are paying extra for it then it is not an upgrade. What are you getting with this room that you would not get with your original cabin? Just curious.

I'm getting everything that comes with the Spa Cabins...access to the Cloud 9 Spa, including one spa treatment each, and the fluffy slippers and robes, and I think an upgraded shower gel/soap stuff. And the room is a little bit different.

You seem very excited and rightfully so, the spa cabins are aweomse. HOWEVER, there is a rule in place for the Spa category cabins and access to Cloud 9 spa amenitites. I do not kow if it applies to the free upgrades or the "upgrade for $X" upgrades. The rule is if you did not already have a spa category cabin booked and were upgraded to a spa category cabin (inside, balcony, or suite) you do not qualify for the free access to the Cloud 9 free amenities.

Last September I read another post about a passenger on the Splendor who was booked in a spa category inside cabin and was upgraded to a balcony cabin in the spa category. They were told they did not qualify for the free use of Cloud 9 amenities. They told them they had a inside and were moved to a balcony in the same category, but they weren't taking their word. They were wise, and much like me, they had their folder with their cruise information that included the original invoice for their cabin choice. They were given the pass to the spa, but they were not exactly pleased with the grilling the staff gave em!

For your sake, I hope that they will give you use of the Cloud 9 amenities because the thalasso pool is wonderful for tired, aching bones!!! The steam rooms are quite nice too....but the oriiental steam room is a challenge to stay in for the maximum time allowed of 10 minutes...it is very steamy.....

Archived