Paradise beach, Coz=Fee.

sheilb4

Returned from there 3 weeks ago. FYI, you now have to pay an admission fee-$2.

I was very disappointed in the state of the beach. Very dirty, and lots of seaweed and sludge. Water was gross...Chairs crammed close together, drinks have increased in price but quality less, same with food.....tho weather was great!

Will def keep my loyalty with Nachi Cocum in future.

Nachi is going to have the same water as Paradise Beach.

Here is a map:

http://www.hotelpepitacozumel.com/images/cozumel-map.gif

So you would have had the same water at Nachi that day.

We have been going to Paradise Beach as many as 5 times a year since they opened....and only a couple of times had a Norte disturbed the water.

But it is disturbs the water at Paradise Beach, it will disturb that water at every resort along that stretch.

Yes, Paradise Beach is charging $2 for LOUNGE CHAIRS. Sadly, the "bus riders" have gotten so large in number that this became a necessity.

"Bus riders" are the folks that show up with their own drinks in a ice chest and food from the ship and want to use the resort for free. (restrooms, showers and take up spots that paying customers could be using)

The wristband ($12) for the water and land toys is still OPTIONAL.

Our boys get the wristband, hubby and I do not. I like not having to pay for something I am not going to use.

Nachi is a great place as well....but with 2 older boys, it would be $200 for our family of four....and I just can't eat/drink that much.

Nachi is a great place as well....but with 2 older boys, it would be $200 for our family of four....and I just can't eat/drink that much.

The main thing you are paying for at Nachi Cocum is the limit of 100 people per day, which the other, also nice resorts, do NOT do.

I find the food and all drinks as a bonus for my $49 rather than I have to eat or drink my $49's worth.

I find the facilities equal, but Nachi's huge pool is a huge plus for us also.

People complaining about having to PAY to use someone's wonderfully kept facilities, is just plain sad.

I'm sure their neighborhood pool charges something to use their faciltites.

Bill

All of the beaches on the west side will have the same conditions at any given time. The beaches on the east/wild side are beautiful and not at all crowded. In fact on most days you will have the beach all to yourself. It also has great funky beach bars with good prices, drinks and food. And no admission charges of any kind.

All of the beaches on the west side will have the same conditions at any given time. The beaches on the east/wild side are beautiful and not at all crowded. In fact on most days you will have the beach all to yourself. It also has great funky beach bars with good prices, drinks and food. And no admission charges of any kind.

Any recommendations on 'east side' beaches? how do you get there? How much is the transportation cost? Are there facilities? (e.g. shower, washroom, food/drink0?

Thanks,

Any recommendations on 'east side' beaches? how do you get there? How much is the transportation cost? Are there facilities? (e.g. shower, washroom, food/drink0?

Thanks,

You can rent a car/jeep, hire a car/taxi with driver or take the Bar Hop Tour. There are a half dozen or so bars, hit them all and find your favorite. Many of the bars (if not all) have showers and all have restrooms. All have food and drink.

You can rent a car/jeep, hire a car/taxi with driver or take the Bar Hop Tour. There are a half dozen or so bars, hit them all and find your favorite. Many of the bars (if not all) have showers and all have restrooms. All have food and drink.

Only down side is most of the beaches there are not safe to swim in due to high surf and rip currents.. But it is a beautiful drive.

Nachi Cocum seems to be maintained better,but regardless, it was only a matter of time I am sure before they had to start charging at Paradise....didn't know about the "cooler folks" wow.

Yes, east side is very pretty, just love Cozumel anyhow! :)

I can handle $2 for a lounger...Prices always go up not down...dang!

Any more comments on food and drink price and quality? We've really enjoyed paradise beach in the past.

We did the Bar Hop Bus last year and it was absolutely awesome!!!

P.S. never heard of or noticed the cooler/bus people. I didn't think you could bring food off the ship.

I can't imagine not having Mexican food in Mexico...but that's me.

We were just at Paradise Beach on 6/2 - paid $12.00 each for 4 wristbands and $2.00 each for 4 chairs - CASH ONLY. We had been before without buying wristbands and paid for food and drinks with credit cards - luckily we had enough cash on us for this (and just enough for our return taxi trip). The sand fleas, or gnats, or whatever they were, were HORRIBLE. We did not have this issue last time we were there - maybe they are seasonal and we were there in September last time. They were awful, but I'm guessing they are on all the beaches up and down the same area.

We've been to Paradise Beach twice and our planning to return there later this month! Now this policy does bother me.

We always buy 4 $12 wrist bands for the water "toy" use and as well spend an very hefty amount on drinks and lunch. Are you saying that they will now force me to pay and additional 2 dollars each..so $8..on the chair use even on top of all the other money we are dropping there? That is kind of insulting.

I would think it would be 2 bucks if you don't by the arm band..or purchase some sort of minimum. Although 8 bucks isn't a lot of money, this really rubs me the wrong way.

My kids have fallen in love with the water toys. Is this the only place that has the water toys? I can't see spending $200 for a family of 4 anywhere else. I am concerned about the water and the knats. We are leaving on the 24th.

any advice?

My kids have fallen in love with the water toys. Is this the only place that has the water toys? I can't see spending $200 for a family of 4 anywhere else. I am concerned about the water and the knats. We are leaving on the 24th.

any advice?

It's pretty much the only place with the toys. Mr Sanchos may have some. Bring bug repellant for the gnats. What concerns you about the water?

I was very disappointed in the state of the beach. Very dirty, and lots of seaweed and sludge. Water was gross...Chairs crammed close together, drinks have increased in price but quality less, same with food.....tho weather was great!

I was at Paradise beach on 5/29 off of the Destiny. The $2 charge was for use of the chairs and umbrellas, for an additional $10pp you get to use the water toys. There is NO admission charge! There are also 4 or 5 other beaches right next to Paradise beach so you can walk from one to another. MOF, or taxi driver dropped us off at Paradise and we walked to San Francisco beach where we found chairs and a table "ON THE BEACH" FOR free. We were a group of 7 and the only thing that we paid for in our 3hrs on those beaches was for drinks, food and Jet Skis and Parasailing. Nothing else!

any advice?

We were right next to Paradise beach and their water toys on 5/29. My wife did say that she had been bit by knats I guess, but no one else in our party of 7 had any complaints. The water was not crystal clear but it wasn't to bad IMO.

There's no admission fee. It's $2 to rent a lounger.

Order that cocktail or frozen drink in a 28 oz. YARD GLASS instead of a 14 oz. cup. A buck cheaper than buying 2 regular drinks, and ya get to keep the souvenir YARD.

There's no admission fee. It's $2 to rent a lounger.

OK.. This has come down to semantics.. Technically, there is no admission fee.. If you want to sit on the ground.. Personally, I've never been impressed with Paradise. Unless you have kids, do not go there. For adults, Playa Uvas is better than Paradise and Nachi Cocum combined. Mr Sancho's is second best. Paradise is a distant 4th, or 5th maybe, if you consider Chankanaab unless you have little kids, then Paradise is the place to go.

OK.. This has come down to semantics.. Technically, there is no admission fee.. If you want to sit on the ground.. Personally, I've never been impressed with Paradise. Unless you have kids, do not go there. For adults, Playa Uvas is better than Paradise and Nachi Cocum combined. Mr Sancho's is second best. Paradise is a distant 4th, or 5th maybe, if you consider Chankanaab unless you have little kids, then Paradise is the place to go.

I've never been to PB. I personally don't even like Cozumel.

I've been to Horseshoe Bay in Bermuda. I can either lay on the sand, or rent a chair for $5, and an umbrella for $10, but at no time would I tell anyone there was an admission fee to the beach.

I was concerned about someone said the water was funky, not clear. Are the knats everywhere? What does anyone know about Playa Mia?

I know that there is a a board for this type of things but it moves so slow.

thanks

I've never been to PB. I personally don't even like Cozumel.

I've been to Horseshoe Bay in Bermuda. I can either lay on the sand, or rent a chair for $5, and an umbrella for $10, but at no time would I tell anyone there was an admission fee to the beach.

All beaches in Mexico are public, every single one. There is no fee to visit any beach in the country, except those that are within parks, like Chankanaab. This is one way they are better than the US.

Many of the beaches are adjacent to one another and none are very far from each other. They don't have private stashes of Caribbean water. If the water is nasty at one, it is probably the same at the rest, and is typically caused by a weather front moving through.

Some people on the Coz board were complaining about the water because it didn't look like a swimming pool in some recent pics that were posted. But it was an overcast day, which will cause the water to not be as blue as normal.. And other weather conditions can cloud the water as well.. It's dependant on the weather..

All beaches in Mexico are public, every single one. There is no fee to visit any beach in the country, except those that are within parks, like Chankanaab. This is one way they are better than the US.

and the one at Punta Sur. Those are really admission fees to the state owned parks. You could swim in for free.

Some people on the Coz board were complaining about the water because it didn't look like a swimming pool in some recent pics that were posted. But it was an overcast day, which will cause the water to not be as blue as normal.. And other weather conditions can cloud the water as well.. It's dependant on the weather..

My point was on any given day, the water conditions are most likely the same at all of the beach clubs. It is definitely related to weather.

Archived