Altun Ha or Belize Zoo

Boatingmom

Looking for a good experience other than beach and snorkel. Cave tubing is out as the kids are fearful and Captain your own boat doesnt excite us as we can do that at home. We're almost narrowed down to Altun Ha or the Belize Zoo. Can I get opinions on both? We're not in port that long as we arrive at 11 am. Looks more like a 1/2 day trip we'll do through the cruiseline. OPINIONS?

Looking for a good experience other than beach and snorkel. Cave tubing is out as the kids are fearful and Captain your own boat doesnt excite us as we can do that at home. We're almost narrowed down to Altun Ha or the Belize Zoo. Can I get opinions on both? We're not in port that long as we arrive at 11 am. Looks more like a 1/2 day trip we'll do through the cruiseline. OPINIONS?

I would do Altun Ha, just because I have been there. The fact is that you can see many of the same animals you will see at the Belize zoo at a stateside zoo. Don't get me wrong I have heard wonderful things about the zoo there, but the myan ruins can only been seen in a few different places.

Archived