E-docs And Luggage Tags

Heidict

On our last cruise we got e-docs, which meant that we didn't get luggage tags.

So, we waited till we got to the pier and had to stand in a long line. Got to the front and then filled out the luggage tags. Meanwhile.......people who got paper docs got luggage tags with them and they were able to go in another much shorter line to hand in their luggage.

Bottom line, the other group got through the lines and onto the ship much quicker then us. So this time, I decided to get our cruise from a TA and not online in hopes that we would getter paper docs. But now it looks like RCCL might be moving everything over to the e-docs and using a TA is no guarentee that you would be getting paper docs.

So............after all that, here is my question......if we end up with e-docs is there some way that we can get the luggage tags prior to our cruise so that we can go in the quicker line. Or has anyone printed their own at home and not had a problem with that?

Thanks, Heidi:confused:

We booked online for the radiance of the seas on 2/27 and got our docs mailed to us. From the threads I have seen, I am not sure if there is any way to figure out how you get Edocs verses paper docs mailed to you. :confused:

I copied and pasted the sample tag that was in my E-Docs into a photo program and printed out what I needed. I treated them with my "poor mans lamination" process, which consists of a quick front and back application of clear packing tape. I can't imagine why these won't work, as they appear to be identical to the ones the porters have. I won't find out until this Sunday if my efforts were futile or not. We'll see.

Happy sails,

Michael

I copied and pasted the sample tag that was in my E-Docs into a photo program and printed out what I needed. I treated them with my "poor mans lamination" process, which consists of a quick front and back application of clear packing tape. I can't imagine why these won't work, as they appear to be identical to the ones the porters have. I won't find out until this Sunday if my efforts were futile or not. We'll see.

Happy sails,

Michael

We did the same thing with ours. I am going to puch a hole in them and attach them with ziplock ties. I hope this works. I guess we will see in a week from Saturday! Good Luck and happy sailing:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived