Is a 1:00pm flight out of FLL feasible when ship docks at POM?

ShedQueen77

I am considering booking a 1:00 flight at FLL after we debark in Miami. Is this time feasible even with a 45 minute drive to FLL? We're going to book SAS for transport. Would I need to do self debarkation (NCL Dawn) or will I be OK with time if we do not?

We've never cruised from either port before. Thank you for any tips you can offer! :)

Thanks! I'm hoping we can make this work because the next flight doesn't leave until 6pm which makes for a LONG day! :)

Upon looking closer, I see now that there is only a 45 minute connection between flights, which is scaring me. From what I've read, Airtran's jet flights at ATL are out of Terminal C while the regional jets fly out of Terminal D (flying from FLL to MLI). We'd have to move from C to D in that time frame....not sure if we can make that or not, especially since I've heard that Airtran isn't known for being on time.

Welcome to the world of TRAINS at ATL-Hartsfield! Air Tran (a very good airline, IMO) isn't the only airline that runs late. I flew on Delta four days ago SEA-ATL, and this flight was 1 1/2 hours late....and Delta is based in Atlanta! Going from the C to the D concourse (not terminal) is a 3 minute train ride, and an escalator ride......not a big problem. You should be just fine. I've flown Air Tran from ATL (and returned) several times - no problems and good flights.

Archived