Celebrity Summit - "Slummit" or Sanctuary?

Bundles917

We sail Summit on June 20. This will be our first cruise on celebrity after many with RCI and one with Princess. Glad to hear that you loved Celebrity. We've been a little worried because of some of the negative comments on the Board. Thanks for relieving my mind somewhat.

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoyed your review Paul. My partner and I sail on the Summit to Bermuda and then to Canada / New England September 5. Lookining forward to 21 days on the Summit.

Celebrity is our preferred line and we so agree with your points regarding service, expectations and rust. LOL!

Hopefully we'll bump into one another on a future cruise.

Smooth sailing...

Gary

Please, please becaome a regular cruiser and reviewer. That was great.

Maitlandmom: I keep saying your words to my bank account and schedule. So far no response. But I have hope.

Paul,

What an enjoyable review! I would love to meet you aboard a Celebrity ship someday.

Satchiesmom:

Hopefully; and if so... I'll be the guy -- in a lounge chair yet to be hogged -- staring out to sea between pages of a Michael Thomas Ford novel, with a pina coloda at my side.

Enjoyed your review Paul. My partner and I sail on the Summit to Bermuda and then to Canada / New England September 5. Lookining forward to 21 days on the Summit.

Celebrity is our preferred line and we so agree with your points regarding service, expectations and rust. LOL!

Hopefully we'll bump into one another on a future cruise.

Smooth sailing...

Gary

Gary: 21 days; lucky, lucky you and your partner. I'm still trying to get my partner to finalize his schedule for '10/11. Hopefully our paths will cross on sea.

Do you ever go travel with Pied Piper? That's how I booked this (and got a greatly reduced rate).

Hi Paul:

This is our first 21 long cruise and really looking forward to it. The level of service we've experienced on Celebrity has been amazing (so much different than Princess or Carnival). I think we're in the younger part of this lines age group )45-51, LOL but meet a lot of nice people.

We sailed on one Pied Piper cruise in 2005 to Canada / NE. We saved some dollars, but not enough to be stuck at a table with 8-9 PP passengers and enjoy our dinners. Since the PP cruise we've always requested a table for 2 on our sailings, and have done really well. Some really like the dinner stimulation, but I get that every day at work and cruise to disconnect.

We always bring a Thomas Michael Ford novel (or the like) on our cruises, and sit in the Thallossotherapy, looking out to sea too!

If you want anymore information or want to chat: scorpgc@gmail.com. We can share with you both any information from our cruises and activities.

Archived