What was the worst.....

bigboy1955

The 2 times I have had the chateaubriand it was excellent!! and I agree that asking the server 'what's good' is a wonderful idea - they usually know what is doing well in the kitchen.

I also have yet to try the bitter and blanc (and plan to have it on my next/8th carnival cruise) and I also hear the indian food is excellent so will try to plan for that as well.

I know food / taste can be subjective… but what was the worst item you have tasted on your cruise

Well, this has to be the rolls in the MDR.

I didn't taste it though, It was so hard I couldn't bite into it.

I saved it :D,figured if I needed to get the bar server's attention it would be put to good use :D.

The worst thing I had was the Chile Rellenos. I normally LOVE Chili Rellenos, but this one made me feel ill just looking at it. It didn't help that I'd had 3 Long Island Iced Teas before dinner! LOL So I tried the Chile Relleno again on my last cruise. It didn't make me feel sick but I still didn't care for it. Staying away from it from now on.

I loved (!!) the sugar-free pumpkin pie!

(I must confess, however, that I had them bring me extra whipped cream...they brought a bowl of it, and I ate it all) :o

I think the worst thing I ate was the lamb. It wasn't bad, it just didn't really have any taste at all.

Worst: undercooked crabcakes Main Dining room.

Best: Lobster and Shrimp entree'..too small but very tasty..next time if that small 2 entries it is!!

Loved all the beautiful fruit prepared on plate in dining room, for room service breakfast, etc. Loved the chilled strawberrry soup... more light dessertish..may ask for it that way if they would serve it last next time.

Our waiter on the Liberty last year also warned us away from the Beef Stroganoff. He made a face, and said I would advise you to order anything but that! And I tend to trust their advice.!

We've been saved numerous times by our waiter! My dh is a huge meat-lover which our waiter obviously learned. One night near the end of our cruise, dh couldn't decide that anything looked particularly appealing and just ordered a salad. Orlando, our waiter, ended up bringing the salad but also the short ribs and they were OMG delicious!!! Sorry, I don't think I tasted anything bad ever. Some bland and some desserts in serious need of sugar but nothing bad.

I can't honestly pick out anything that was really bad. I avoided foods I knew I didn't like and what I did eat was very good. If I had to pick out any dissapointment it might be the breakfast baked goods, despite being baked on board they tasted like something from wal-mart.

The only thing I like at Walmarts bakery is the french bread loaf. If I'm going to eat a doughnut it better be sweet and worthwhile...and Wallys sure isn't either in my opinion.

The worst thing I ate on my carnival cruise was probably the lobster bisque in the Steakhouse and tempura fried shrimp in the MDR. The shrimp were very fishy and too large for my taste. Surprisingly, I loved the lobster bisque in the MDR, as well as the rest of my food onboard.

The worst thing I ate on my carnival cruise was probably the lobster bisque in the Steakhouse and tempura fried shrimp in the MDR. The shrimp were very fishy and too large for my taste. Surprisingly, I loved the lobster bisque in the MDR, as well as the rest of my food onboard.

You're kidding!!! Wow - I LOVE the lobster bisque in the supper club - and dream about it and salivate over it - until my next cruise (assuming there is a supper club onboard) and I can have it again. The one in the MDR is no comparison in my opinion - but I guess that's what makes us all different - with different tastes!

Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie! What the hell is that stuff?????

"SKY"

My dad had that on the Spirit. First, it did not even look like pumpkin pie at all. The color of it was a lot lighter than usual. It did not taste good either. He had to give it back and got the dessert that I was having.

I've not found a single dessert I like on board.

I also don't care for Seafood Newburg (the smell will knock you down), the lobster bisque (why is it orange?) or the game hen (a little brown rock with legs).

I really like the snapper, perch.....all the seafood except newburg. Most of the apps are very good too!

Archived