Why no evening entertainment for the 30s to 50s crowd?

Sandysandy

We were on the Gem earlier this year (our first cruise) and loved it so much we are going back next year. I'm 37, DH is 48 and we enjoy going out at night. The danceclub on the Gem was geared totally to a younger crowd - the music was rap hip hop type stuff on every night we went. And the club was filled with what looked like a late teens early 20's crowd.

I wish NCL would have an 70s or 80s night to let the "old" folks have some fun dancing too. I'm sure if it was well advertised they'd attract just as many club goers (with deeper pockets) as the hip hop crowd. Do other ships do this?

I just got off the Star yesterday. During the week we had a 70's Disco one night & another night that was also themed with the 70's & 80's music (but don't remember the exact name of the night). Both were really great!

We were on the Gem earlier this year (our first cruise) and loved it so much we are going back next year. I'm 37, DH is 48 and we enjoy going out at night. The danceclub on the Gem was geared totally to a younger crowd - the music was rap hip hop type stuff on every night we went. And the club was filled with what looked like a late teens early 20's crowd.

I wish NCL would have an 70s or 80s night to let the "old" folks have some fun dancing too. I'm sure if it was well advertised they'd attract just as many club goers (with deeper pockets) as the hip hop crowd. Do other ships do this?

I think the EPIC will solve your entertainment concern.

If the Gem is anything like the Pearl, and I think it is, I agree with you, at least from what we experienced. I don't know what the main night club is called on the Gem, but the Bliss Lounge on the Pearl was just aweful to us. I like all kinds of music, even current stuff from today.. but on the Pearl it was all very off the wall stuff. Doug and I stayed in there one night for maybe 30 to 45 minutes and we just had to leave.

If the Gem is anything like the Pearl, and I think it is, I agree with you, at least from what we experienced. I don't know what the main night club is called on the Gem, but the Bliss Lounge on the Pearl was just aweful to us. I like all kinds of music, even current stuff from today.. but on the Pearl it was all very off the wall stuff. Doug and I stayed in there one night for maybe 30 to 45 minutes and we just had to leave.

That's it - the Bliss Lounge. I too like all kinds of music but you couldn't even dance to the stuff they were playing and it was the same music all cruise long. It wouldn't bother me so much if only they offered 1 or 2 nights of decent music. Or a little something for everyone.

That's it - the Bliss Lounge. I too like all kinds of music but you couldn't even dance to the stuff they were playing and it was the same music all cruise long. It wouldn't bother me so much if only they offered 1 or 2 nights of decent music. Or a little something for everyone.

OMG Sandy.. LOL.. thats what got me about it too.. Every time we went there it was the SAME music over and over.. LOL>

On our Panama Canal cruise I think there was about 30 passg. under 30 and 2100 over 60, I think they said the avg. age was 65 on the cruise. Not much late nite going on this cruise, just ask Ray Carr our CD

Archived