Private guide in Haifa and Ashdod

Kugel

Planning trip on RCL next 4/29/11 with stops in both ports. Can anyone recommend a private guide that is reputable and will get us back in time to the ship. Also is it possible to get into Jerusalem yourself and just walk around (we have a friend we would like to meet there).

Thanks.

We used Avitours in Israel and were extremely satisified with them, both in helping arrange our custom itinerary before the trip and with the guides in both ports.

Check out our trip report and pictures at http://www.bully4.us/holyland2.html

I would tend to suggest that you go ahead and book with the guide, and then arrange to meet your friends someplace in Jerusalem for part of the day. To be honest with you, locals are probably not nearly as adept at getting you to all the "touristy" places in a whirlwind tour as the professional guides are!

Have a GREAT cruise!

We used Avitours in Israel and were extremely satisified with them, both in helping arrange our custom itinerary before the trip and with the guides in both ports.

Check out our trip report and pictures at http://www.bully4.us/holyland2.html

I would tend to suggest that you go ahead and book with the guide, and then arrange to meet your friends someplace in Jerusalem for part of the day. To be honest with you, locals are probably not nearly as adept at getting you to all the "touristy" places in a whirlwind tour as the professional guides are!

Have a GREAT cruise!

Thanks so much. Actually we are visiting a Rabbi who worked in my office for 10 years and ran trips to Israel while he was here every summer. However I wanted to spend some time out of Jerusalem also and did not think it would be wise to tie up his time. I will contact avitours. Thanks again.

We used Abboud of AbboudTours. He has a website. Google Abboud tours and you will find him. He is a good man that works hard to make you happy. Small business, but good. He can also take you to Jerusalem, etc. He helped make a bad situation into an adventure (wife developed appendicitis as ship was approaching Haifa, emergency appendectomy, then recovery so we could travel. Abboud gave us a private tour of Northern Israel) He was recommended by the Princess local agent in Haifa.

Archived