Any past/present Mobile, AL brides for Carnival?

I am getting married on the the Carnival Elation 10/23/10. I decided this, because i didn't want a traditional wedding. I have done a good bit of online research and i have read the pros/cons. So i know what I am getting myself into. I am not in any way wanting to back out. But here's my issue.. There has been many post about the chaotic traffic at the Mobile Terminal recently. I'm curious what other brides experiences have been here at this terminal. Was it easy to get you and your guest in by the 10am time request?

• 1 month later...

Probably mostly non-sailers but we just booked everything so I am not sure.

What package do you plan to get?

Any upgrades?

Are a lot of your guests staying at one of the nearby hotels?

Know of any good places for silk flowers?

Sorry for all the questions! I'm new to everything!

I'm sure everyone will have a great time!!

I have had mine book since February. So i have done PLENTY of research. So any questions you have if i can answer, i will be glad too!

I wanted something simple, that was the reason for the choice of a cruise wedding.

We booked the one-hour reception and plan on having our max 50 non-sailing guests. Im still working on my guest list, its hard to cut it back to just 50 people though. So i will def be last minute getting that turned in.

We are doing the $75 entertainer tech./music package for our reception. and since we have 50 guest i didnt upgrade on the cake. Just going with the two tier. For flowers, i am using silk. My maid of honor's mother is a local florist where i live, so she is making all of my bouquets.

As for hotels, if you have not made a block anywhere i would suggest do so immediatley. With all the cruisers making reservations u need to get your block in! I have heard people talk of the Wyndham, The Hampton & Renaissance as being good choices. Mine is at the Hampton. I am from Mississippi so i have no clue about Mobile, except when i quickly pass through going to Florida beaches!

Where are you from?

and Congrats and Good Luck!;)

PS... i have also found out country music/american idol winner Carrie Underwood will be performing the same evening as our wedding day at the civic center right down the road from the terminal.. So its going to be pretty crowded in Mobile that day. I plan to keep that info to myself.. not telling my guest until they get there ;)

We are doing the 1 1/2 hour reception w/ the DJ. We also ordered the super deluxe video package. I don't think we will do any other add ons though.

Planning on silk flowers as well....I just need to decide where to get them from.

We plan to book our hotel soon as well.

What are you doing as far as a hairstylist and makeup?

Do you mind exchanging e-mails so I don't bore everyone else w/ my posts? :)

I got married on Fantasy in Mobile in March and the whole process of getting on the ship and into the terminal was smooth. I was literally the first passenger on the ship and we had time to go eat something before our 1:00 PM wedding. The coordinator was great she even rolled my suitcase on the ship for me. I was a nervous wreck about this process and honestly I was worried for nothing. Now I had my hair and makeup done upon arrival but I had plenty of time to get them done on the ship. Now the traffic was crazy as far as all the people leaving but we told a policemen what we were doing and he told us how to go and had no problems at all. Enjoy the moment after we got on the ship I was relaxed and ready to go be prepared for all the attention cause you will be paraded around the ship to take pictures afterward it was fun... Don't worry about the small stuff.. We had the reception lunch and the food was AMAZING..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived