princess emerald balcony room B205 HELP ME PLEASE

poe17

Please anyone who has stayed in this room or another balcony cabin near to B205 ( baja deck i think) could you tell me if its very windy, and rocky, as it's near to the front of the ship, as i've been told, also if it's noisy??? please help, im worried, i wanted my balcony for sunning myself not being wind swept, im not going till 28/12/10, so time to change if need be, thankyou

The forward cabins will have more noticable motion relative to the midship or aft cabins on the same deck; but that may be hardly noticed or quite rocky depending on the sea conditions at the time. In general, it is not a problem for most people, but you are very close to the front. Being on Baja deck you are surrounded by cabins above and below you, so should be reasonably quiet, although the area forward of your cabin is a crew berth area, so there will be some foot traffic. The balcony is fully covered, and while it will get some sun, be aware that it will not be all the time.

in this picture, your room is the one directly over the back end of the first lifeboat, third deck up from the bottom or fourth deck down from the top. (Second pax cabin from front, two blue railings ahead of that are crew cabins.)

2756058080094500880DJlkqm_th.jpg

I recently stayed in C205 on the Island Princess for its repositioning from LA to Vancouver. (I didn't pick the cabin, but got this minisuite by luck of the draw after booking a BA guaranty.) I was very nervous about the motion we would feel, especially going "uphill" for three days, but surprisingly, we experienced no more motion than we've felt in any other cabin on any other ship on any other sailing. There were no abnormal (or excessive) noises either, and we were directly across the hall from a crew passageway. I was pleasantly surprised, and though I would probably not select a forward cabin if given a choice, I will definitely be less nervous about ending up with one, if we rolled the dice again by booking a guaranty cabin.

P.S. We definitely enjoyed and appreciated the extended walk to our cabin - it certainly help to offset our daily indulgences at the bars and in the dining rooms.;)

Hi We stayed in D106 on the Ruby Princess which was just over the middle of the first lifeboat. It was our first cruise and we were a bit worried about being so far forward but we loved it. It was windy when on the open sea but we did not find this or the motion to be a problem.:)

I recently stayed in C205 on the Island Princess for its repositioning from LA to Vancouver. (I didn't pick the cabin, but got this minisuite by luck of the draw after booking a BA guaranty.) I was very nervous about the motion we would feel, especially going "uphill" for three days, but surprisingly, we experienced no more motion than we've felt in any other cabin on any other ship on any other sailing. There were no abnormal (or excessive) noises either, and we were directly across the hall from a crew passageway. I was pleasantly surprised, and though I would probably not select a forward cabin if given a choice, I will definitely be less nervous about ending up with one, if we rolled the dice again by booking a guaranty cabin.

P.S. We definitely enjoyed and appreciated the extended walk to our cabin - it certainly help to offset our daily indulgences at the bars and in the dining rooms.;)

thanks for that i wont worry so much now

Archived