Need help on a room change choice

KroozeKid

I have a decision to make and probably need to do it tonight. I am booked in a balcony cabin on Riveria deck of Caribbean Princess. R326 which is just under the beginning of the wooded deck area of the Lido deck. From most accounts of prior threads, fairly noisy location from above due to the wood floors. I called Princess tonight to see if there was another cabin available and they said only a change within the same category could be done at the moment. They said cabin R303 which is a wheelchair accessible cabin with balcony is only one available. But it is right across from the lifts. Is it a worthwhile exchange with all things considered?

They said my TA needs to make the change so I want to call tonight.

What would you do?

Given a choice, I'd go for the cabin near the lifts. I've never had a problem with noise when in a cabin near a lift. Occasionally, there are people who are at the lifts late at night and are inconsiderate but chances are, they are just as inconsiderate when walking down hallways. If there is some noise, it'll be a lot less than directly beneath a public deck where you can almost guarantee there'll be noise day and night.

I have a decision to make and probably need to do it tonight. I am booked in a balcony cabin on Riveria deck of Caribbean Princess. R326 which is just under the beginning of the wooded deck area of the Lido deck. From most accounts of prior threads, fairly noisy location from above due to the wood floors. I called Princess tonight to see if there was another cabin available and they said only a change within the same category could be done at the moment. They said cabin R303 which is a wheelchair accessible cabin with balcony is only one available. But it is right across from the lifts. Is it a worthwhile exchange with all things considered?

They said my TA needs to make the change so I want to call tonight.

What would you do?

Personally, if I did not need an accessible cabin because of a disability, then I would not book one since there are so few onboard. Just my opinion!

I've been across from the Lifts twice and never had a problem either time. Princess does a great job insulating their side walls and doors just not as good with the floor or ceiling. I would switch to the HC cabin, you will have more room, that's a plus.

Personally, if I did not need an accessible cabin because of a disability, then I would not book one since there are so few onboard. Just my opinion!
Thirty-three days from sailing and long past final payment, chances are that unless the passenger is very recently handicapped, the cabin should be fine and not taking it away from anyone needing it.

My immediate thought was not wanting to take a cabin from someone who might need the accesibility, but the Princess rep said it was not a problem. So a double dilema.... Hence seeking advice.

30th Anniversary and I want a special trip, but that wood floor above my head just scares me.

Thirty-three days from sailing and long past final payment, chances are that unless the passenger is very recently handicapped, the cabin should be fine and not taking it away from anyone needing it.

Just me Pam, but I could not with good conscience book an accessible cabin 'in case' someone who might need it would want to book. I know, I saw how close they are to sailing, but for me, I just could not do it. ;)

Just me Pam, but I could not with good conscience book an accessible cabin 'in case' someone who might need it would want to book. I know, I saw how close they are to sailing, but for me, I just could not do it. ;)
I understand completely. I'm not sure I would or not as I've never had to make that decision.

I agree with the comments to keep these rooms available for the ones who truly need them. Just spoke to my TA and had her put me back in the Guarantee Pool and remove the R326 cabin assignment.

Will hope for the best...

I agree with the comments to keep these rooms available for the ones who truly need them. Just spoke to my TA and had her put me back in the Guarantee Pool and remove the R326 cabin assignment.

Will hope for the best...

I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you receive a GREAT cabin assignment (and toes crossed for the upgrade fairy to pay you a visit). ;)

We booked a balcony guarantee last year on the Caribbean princess and were given R302 which was a handicapped cabin. We hated it. Although very large the bed was practically on the floor and the shower had no lip so water wenT allover the place. Plus the cabin was filthy. We always book cabins next to the elevator and never hear any noise but we will never stay in a HC cabin again.

Archived