Carnival Spirit

adoris

Carnival Spirit was to dock in Victoria at 7:30 this evening, it is now 8:30 and she is still anchored off shore. Anyone on board know what is going on?

Is it windy there? I think I read that last week they couldn't dock due to wind :rolleyes:

So I am guessing that they can still anchor off shore and somehow fulfill the "foreign port" requirement. I believe they did this in Cabo during the Swine Flu scare.

I was on the May 18th sailing and it was late getting into Victoria. The captain said the wind coming back around Vancouver Island was slowing things down. We managed to dock, but nobody got off the ship until 8:30 or so. By then there was a HUGE line of people waiting to get off on Deck 3. They finally came out and had everyone with an excursion leave through a different door. It was a little chaotic actually. We finally got off knowing we only had three hours until we had to be back on. I wonder if the timing is making it all difficult for them.

Archived