Tuxedo Rental

If I tell my husband to bring "formal clothes", he may suspect we are going on a cruise. (This is a BIG surprise). How much does Carnival charge for tuxedo rental? Do they also rent dress shoes? If I choose to go this route, does he just go for a fitting the first day he is on the ship? How does it work?

If I tell my husband to bring "formal clothes", he may suspect we are going on a cruise. (This is a BIG surprise). How much does Carnival charge for tuxedo rental? Do they also rent dress shoes? If I choose to go this route, does he just go for a fitting the first day he is on the ship? How does it work?

Formal wear info from the carnival website

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/Default.aspx?cat=Formal+Wear+Rentals

Hi Guys!

I, too, thought about renting a tux. I checked the local shops and I checked Carnival's site. Both are good options, but...have you tried EBay? Once I saw what EBay had to offer, I have decided to go ahead and buy the tux (complete with shirt, vest, bow tie, trousers and cuff links) for $119...since we cruise once a year, it will actually pay off in the long run.

First, I would go to the local shop and get fitted before buying though.

Hope this helps.

Just a question: I think Carnvial (like any other tux rental place) needs to know measurements beforehand so how would you get his chest, overarm, waist, inseam/outseam, etc... It's really best to let someone trained in it do it.

Thanks for all your suggestions, guys! We sail next week on the Miracle for my husband's 50th b'day. This whole cruise is a TOTAL surprise, although he now knows we are going SOMEWHERE warm. The e-bay idea is a great one and I'll look into it when we get back home for our next cruise. We are both really casual people, so I need an excuse for him to bring a suit or sport coat. I may tell him that there is a really famous restaurant at our final destination and they do have a dress code. I don't want him to suspect a cruise until we are pulling up at the pier in Tampa (I'm going to tell him we are going to the airport when my daughter drives us to the pier.) This whole plan has been in the works for about 2 years and I want him to be really surprised....especially when the 18 other members of our party (family members) jump out and yell "Surprise". I can't wait!! We both joined Weight Watchers last fall and have lost weight, so even if I wanted to sneak a sport coat into our luggage, I wouldn't know which one would fit. Eeeek....what a dilemma!!! :confused:

I rented a tux on the Miracle because I left my suiter on my bed at home. They allowed me to try on several jackets and pants, and I am sure that they will take the time to make sure you are completely satisfied before letting you leave. The total cost for tux and shoes is $85, and that includes studs and cuff links. I was actually happy that I forgot my suit because I am pretty casual also, and this forced me to get into a tux. The pictures were great. By the way, I am also 51.

Archived