Isla Pasion with small children?

We are crusing for the first time on the Carnival Elation with our 3 children (ages 5-10) in August. We would really like to go to Isla Pasion, but the only excursion through Carnival to the island is on the twister boat, and 2 of my kids are too young for that ride. I have read about other people getting there via ferries and/or catamarans. Are there other reputable places to book this excursion? Any thoughts on what else to do with young children in Cozumel?

I was there with my daughter in April and it was great.

The beach is beautiful, the sea is wonderful...

We were happy to book the excursion through RCCL and have the ferry one and not the twister one , which was also offered though.

You may want to book independantly http://www.isla-pasion.com/all-inclusive-beach-tour-cozumel.html

if you search the cozumel board, you'll find plenty of information

I'm positive it's the best choice with children in Cozumel

I'd definitely avoid the port area/downtown with the children, I found there were too many drunk people and felt the vendors very pushing...

Look at the pictures on tripadvisor, you'll love them!

Toonye

Yes, you are correct. Those on a Carnival cruise and who wish to book through the cruise line can only book the Twister -- which I think is ridiculous :mad: That makes Passion Island a place with a minimum age or a place for someone who wants to take a speed boat in -- no thanks. :eek:

We did Passion Island with our kids (we were on Royal Caribbean) and it was a WONDERFUL place for kids. I agree with toonye -- try to book the tour independently. I see you already asked on the Port of Call board so hopefully you will get some recomendations for independent companies. It's a shame that Carnival doesn't offer one without the Twister. :(

Crusinmama-

My 6yo ds saw the pics of your daughter on the 4 wheelers and now he HAS to ride them. We have the Royal Carib. catamaran excursion already booked for Isla Pasion.

Were the 4 wheelers extra? If they are... i better have the money ready, because he is all excited about them :D

Crusinmama-

My 6yo ds saw the pics of your daughter on the 4 wheelers and now he HAS to ride them. We have the Royal Carib. catamaran excursion already booked for Isla Pasion.

Were the 4 wheelers extra? If they are... i better have the money ready, because he is all excited about them :D

Hi Amanda,

As far as I know, they do not have the 4 wheelers any more

I was there in April and there was no activity for the children: no 4 wheelers, no painting, ...

There is just a small playground for the kids...and the sea of course!

But other than that, there's nothing to do! just relax and enjoy the beauty of the site!

Tooneye -- thanks for updating us on that! I was wondering if they got rid of them. I had read that right after we did them, there was an accident and they were possibly getting rid of them. So I guess they are gone now. :(

So Amanda, they had been free. My kids will be disappointed. They had a whole ATV track for the kids. It was the highlight of the trip.

Archived