Chef's Table Wine

jnadz

I just returned from the Imagination and my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the Chef's Table experience. By far, the best meal we've ever had at sea and one of the best cruise experiences overall. I have a copy of the menu and even took pictures of most of the dishes (I'm at work, so I can't upload the photos til later), but I don't recall the exact red wine they were pouring and now I find myself craving that particular red (I'm sure it has to do with it being tied to the experience, but I really want to try to track down a bottle back home.)

Does anyone know which red wine they pour at the chef's table. I remember it was a french red and it had "villages" in the name, but it was not a beaujolais. Maybe it's a different wine for each ship or even each meal, but I'm suspecting otherwise, so if anyone else knows, I'd appreciate it.

I'm guessing the wine is in addition to the $30 pp. Do you recall how much it was? Was it by the glass or bottle?

I'm not a huge wine person but for a meal like that I'll probably have wine.. don't want to get crazy but don't want the sommelier to give me dirty looks either.

I'm guessing the wine is in addition to the $30 pp. Do you recall how much it was? Was it by the glass or bottle?

I'm not a huge wine person but for a meal like that I'll probably have wine.. don't want to get crazy but don't want the sommelier to give me dirty looks either.

You are confusing the chef's table with the supper club. The chef's table is a new experience being offered and the wine is included in the price of the meal. :)

Here's a thread that better explains it all http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1168874&highlight=chefs+table :)

OP~ Host Mach might be able to help you get the name of that wine if no one here knows it.

Archived