Carnival Wedding Video

My fiance wanted the videographer; I didn't. We agreed not to book one, but now I'm rethinking the decision.

Is it worth the money? Did anyone choose the Super Deluxe, where they accompany you on a Shore Excursion? Can it be any excursion through Carnival?

My fiance wanted the videographer; I didn't. We agreed not to book one, but now I'm rethinking the decision.

Is it worth the money? Did anyone choose the Super Deluxe, where they accompany you on a Shore Excursion? Can it be any excursion through Carnival?

It was definitely worth it for us! We had a wonderful videographer though. We purchased the Deluxe video option. They do pre and post ceremony interviews with the both of you. They video the ceremony and reception. The videographer also met with us a couple of times during the week to get shots of us walking around the ship and stuff. She even included a short slideshow of some of our wedding photos that the photographer took. My husband and I made copies of the DVD and sent them to some of our relatives who could not attend the wedding, like his mother for example.

One thing you have to remember is that everything goes by soooo fast. The video is a great way for you to see some of those moments that you may have missed.

Thanks! I just saw your wedding review. Your pictures are beautiful! Congratulations! My reasoning for not wanting the videographer was that we'll watch it once, then it will sit and become one expensive dust collector. You're right though, it will go fast, and pictures won't be able to capture every moment like a video can.

I'm still glad I did it, especially to show people who weren't able to make it like my grandparents and my aunt and uncle with MS, they watched it on a huge TV and said they felt like they were there too, which is exactly what I wanted!

Book it now if you can, I was told there is only one videographer per day. I got mine and about a month ago I called and two others booked their wedding the same day. I was happy I booked mines:)

My husband is a professional videographer so I may be prejudice, but from all the videos I've seen (and my own) you get so much more emotions and reactions. Believe me when you're having a bad day a year from your wedding and you're mad at your hubby, taking that video out, helps!!! And it looks like from other postings, they can interview other guests - those moments are priceless.

• 2 months later...

I am so happy to hear many of you were pleased with your video. Our videography aboard Carnival Legend was ok. I wouldn't brag about him. They tell you to bring pictures so they can use them in the video. The scanned pictures in the video were absolutely GOD AwFul; even the photos from the wedding were not good. The quality was terrible. I could have done it myself and had better quality at home. The pictures we brought were all out of chronological order. If you decide to go with a videographer, I recommend you write the order you want. We are contesting the video with our credit card company and Carnival.

It does take up time from enjoying your trip!

I am so happy to hear many of you were pleased with your video. Our videography aboard Carnival Legend was ok. I wouldn't brag about him. They tell you to bring pictures so they can use them in the video. The scanned pictures in the video were absolutely GOD AwFul; even the photos from the wedding were not good. The quality was terrible. I could have done it myself and had better quality at home. The pictures we brought were all out of chronological order. If you decide to go with a videographer, I recommend you write the order you want. We are contesting the video with our credit card company and Carnival.

It does take up time from enjoying your trip!

They didn't let you preview the video before you got off ship? We watched our video on the last sea day, and were able to make a change (our best man changed after we had submitted the form because he's deployed and wasn't able to get leave...and I forgot to tell our videographer about the change) before he made the final copies.

Archived