Places to relax on QV

Debbers

We have cruised Oceania and RCCI. Among many other differences, we found that on the RCCI ship there were few places just to sit and relax with a book. Aside from the pool deck (full of Spring Breakers) and the atrium (pulsating with horrible music), our veranda was just about the only place to sit quietly with no expectation of buying something. Oceania's Regatta, on the other hand, had many quiet, elegant perches.

So, what about QV? Will we find quiet, pretty places to read or doze?

I think most people retire to the Commodore Club which has a lovely view over the front of the Ship, with comfy chairs.

Also there is the 2 level Library with Sea views and comfy chairs.

Gavin.

Remember, that if you decline an offer from a waiter to purchase, on Cunard, they will place a napkin on your table. That way, nobody will bother you again.

Therefore, just sit anywhere on the ship that takes your fancy.

Stewart

For some reason it seems in the atrium area of most ships is always loud with music. Is Cunard any different or just like the rest? I like most ships atrium area, but I go to relax not jam out with music. Or can I go somewhere else outside even to hide in peace? :D

So, what about QV? Will we find quiet, pretty places to read or doze

Hi Debbers

There are a few quiet spots on QV during the day to simply sit and read. As has been mentioned, the Commodore Club is possibly the best with the small Admiral’s Lounge on the starboard side close by as an alternative. The two deck Library has several comfy chairs and great views of the sea on one deck and the promenade and sea on the other. Around the Grand Lobby and the passageways that lead toward the Britannia Restaurant there are several public areas where, depending on the cruise and time of day, you should be able to find quiet corners. There is a starboard annex to the Queens Room that seemed popular with readers when I looked.

Remember, Cunard ships tend to quiet overall, with VERY few public announcements, a feeling of calm pervades MOST of the time.

As has been pointed out, you will not be hassled for drink or, indeed, small food orders if you, your book and your body language tell stewards you want to be left in peace (unless of course you require coffee/tea and snacks).

On QM2, with her greater space per passenger, there are many more quiet spots to be found, I am esp fond of the four enclosed promenades that flank the Royal Court Theatre, where you can simply sit, read and also watch the waves, far from any bar or food outlet. Her Commodore Club is another favourite spot with superb views forward as has the Library one deck below.

In good weather the incredibly comfortable “steamer” chairs on the Promenade Decks on both ships attract many readers and sleepers.

You can see pictures of these rooms and public spaces on QV and QM2, via the link below.

Have a great time and Bon Voyage!

Remember, that if you decline an offer from a waiter to purchase, on Cunard, they will place a napkin on your table. That way, nobody will bother you again.

Therefore, just sit anywhere on the ship that takes your fancy.

Stewart

Always a nice a nice touch:)

The Admiral's lounge i found to be very quiet comfy small & no through traffic.

Again wonderful area, on sea days you will find lots of room everywhere, port days are even better as most people get off the ship, we like to stay on and enjoy the ship

I have to agree 100% here, the commodore also has the wonderful sofas, have a drink some nipples and look out too sea

Rob,

can I just say that I had loads of fun illustrating your GavBot "invention" yesterday, but there's no way this side of Hell freezing over that I am going to turn my Photoshop skills to this one :eek::eek:

J

Rob,

can I just say that I had loads of fun illustrating your GavBot "invention" yesterday, but there's no way this side of Hell freezing over that I am going to turn my Photoshop skills to this one :eek::eek:

J

J

Thanks for e-maling the new ones to me they were hilarious. :eek: :D

Gavbot. :cool:

You know, we will have to all meet up for a lunch one day , maybe halfway or something

That sounds like a good idea.

Rob did you buy any Belgian chocs from our trip?

We got a lovely box from the chocolate factory excursions. Still tucking into them, yummy. Never tasted chocs like them.

Catherine

Archived