Some more NCL Jewel Questions for 1st time cruiser

grammywig

I've read that some cruise lines have "Drink Stations" on the ship where you can get free of charge some soda, juice, water, milk, etc.

1) Does NCL Jewel offer this as well and if yes, where on the ship is it located and what types of beverages?

2) Is the kids drink package worth the $$ for a 7-day cruise where milk and juice is not offered??

3) Can you get cold bottled water anywhere on the NCL Jewel at anytime?

4) What are the events on Great Stirrup Cay.... beach, boating, biking, etc?

is lunch offered for adults only diffferent that for kids? are all floats, tubes, etc. offered free?cold bottled water offered for free?

5) Is the Jewel a good 1st time cruise for family? seems like the new Epic has alot more things to do

thanks for all the great information from experienced cruisers!!!

I've read that some cruise lines have "Drink Stations" on the ship where you can get free of charge some soda, juice, water, milk, etc.

1) Does NCL Jewel offer this as well and if yes, where on the ship is it located and what types of beverages? In the buffet you can get water, milk, icetea and coffee when they are open.

2) Is the kids drink package worth the $$ for a 7-day cruise where milk and juice is not offered?? Depends upon the kids, and how much soda they will drink. I'm not sure the drink package includes milk or juice (which you can get for free in the restaurants)

3) Can you get cold bottled water anywhere on the NCL Jewel at anytime? For a fee you can get bottled water. Otherwise it's ships tap water, which is excellent and free.

4) What are the events on Great Stirrup Cay.... beach, boating, biking, etc? There is a BBQ, volleyball, pingpong, a few places to shop, spa, beach, snorkelling, a large hippo waterslide...ect.

is lunch offered for adults only diffferent that for kids? Same options for everyone, buffet style. are all floats, tubes, etc. offered free? There is a rental charge for using the equipment. You can of course bring your own floats along.cold bottled water offered for free? Bottled water cost $, you can bring your own water bottles and refill them as needed...there is a fridge in the cabin to keep them cold. You can also bring your own soda, water, juice boxes ect on the ship with you.

5) Is the Jewel a good 1st time cruise for family? seems like the new Epic has alot more things to do. The JEWEL will be an excellent family cruise, especially for a first cruise. To me the EPIC would be too large for a familys first cruise, and might seem a bit overwhelming....my own opinion, of course.

Check out my answers above....:):):)

1) Does NCL Jewel offer this as well and if yes, where on the ship is it located and what types of beverages?

Yes and no... there are stations in the buffet for water, milk, coffee, tea, and juices (in the breakfast hours only for juices) but never soda...

2) Is the kids drink package worth the $$ for a 7-day cruise where milk and juice is not offered??

I guess that depends on how much soda they drink... If they prefer milk and water, then I guess it wouldn't pay... Any more than 4 sodas a day and you are making out pricewise.

3) Can you get cold bottled water anywhere on the NCL Jewel at anytime?

Pretty much anytime... as long as you pay for it... Bottled water is extra.

4) What are the events on Great Stirrup Cay.... beach, boating, biking, etc?

is lunch offered for adults only diffferent that for kids? are all floats, tubes, etc. offered free?cold bottled water offered for free?

Check your excursion offerings for specialty things like boating and such.. Otherwise, there is a nice beach, lots of free food for everyone (huge barbeque on the island), volleyball, music, and vendor areas. Once again, bottled water is not free. Ever. Not sure about floats and tubes.... No biking...

5) Is the Jewel a good 1st time cruise for family? seems like the new Epic has alot more things to do

You'll love the Jewel :) It's a great ship :)

Archived