Official CC group Cruise Carnival Pride "Bermuda Bound Pirates" - September 18, 2011

Crazeecat5

YIPPEE!!!!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!!!!! Can't wait to start planning and packing and OMG how am I going to stand 15 months of this. We cruised every year, sometimes twice a year from 2001 until 2007. We bought a place on the river in 2008 and we got a new dog in 2008 so we haven't cruised in three years and I'm so EXCITED I CAN"T STAND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Ward! Let us know if/when you officially book this cruise. It will be great sailing with you again!

Fred (& Sarah) :)

Well given the approved status I am reasonable sure I will be booking this cruise now :)

Hope to see you and Sarah aboard!

Hi everyone,

Figured while we are waiting, I would get some of the general info. out of the way. This might help a bit when you see the prices and info.....

Usually, Carnival will give certain cabin catagories to the group that are allowed the reduced deposit and special pricing. In the past, they have mostly included Insides and Balconies.These will also include any amenities and OBC's allotted. So, when you see the pricing for these and the catagory is what you want, remember it will be booked guaranty, if you choose reduced deposit. Once you pay the full deposit, then you can choose your cabin within the catagory you booked.

If you want to book Carnival's Early Saver fare, a specific cabin or a triple, quad or suite with the group, then you have to pay the full deposit now and won't receive any Carnival amenities. You can still receive any Cruise Critic gifts. If you choose the Early Saver rates, all of the same rules apply.

If you want to compare our prices with Carnival's, you can compare these to the Early Saver fare if you add on all of the port charges and govt. fees. Also, you should subtract the amount of the OBC you get from our price and you should see that our prices are better.

I hope all of this is not too confusing........:D

Hey All,

I just got the best birthday present in an email!!

Everything looks real good. The bottom line is better than Carnival's site bottom line!!:eek:

I have a few things to work on with Laura then I will share everything with you.

PLEASE sit tight......we got it!!:D:D:D

YEAH!!!!! Can't wait to hear the details!!:D

Don't Forget To Vote......

Here are the votes, so far. Please vote for your favorite name by Wednesday. The top 2 vote getters will then be voted upon by Friday and a new name for this soon to be group (I hope) will be born!

Pride Paradise Pirates

Pirates of Pride and Paradise

Paradise Pirates of the Pride

Bermuda Bound Pirates of the Pride XXXX

The Bermuda Pride Pirates

Bermuda bound Pride Pirates XXX

Pirates of the Pride X

Pride Bermuda Bumpers

Bermuda-Bound Buccaneers XXXXXX

Proud Priders

The Pride Bumpers

The Bumping Pride Pirates

The Bermuda Bound Bumpity Bump Bumpers

Bumpin it to Bermuda Pride Pirates

Here is the latest updated interested people list.....

I love updating this list!!

1. Crazeecat5 (me)

2. dataz722

3. cyntil8ing

4. cruisefromNY

5. golfadj

6. patrice1

7. wakewatcher

8. beachgalMa

9. ava_girl_123 + 3

10. sanshelb

11. Tiffany1203

12. TheGrumpus

13. Marinegal

14. DebNY13

15. n2knight

16. Firetrk

17. Ren4l

18. bearnuts

19. Dawn125408

20. Hurrcane201 (Barb and Bob)

21. Martinchem

22. fchoppa

23. fletchers5

24. trptplayer22

25. princessofthesea

26. manmtnmike

27. catty

28. crusinCyndi

29. lexusangel

30. shellann

31. saw1953 + 4 cabins

32. Koval (I couldn't resist...)

33. Cruise Elf

Don't Forget To Vote......

Here are the votes, so far. Please vote for your favorite name by Wednesday. The top 2 vote getters will then be voted upon by Friday and a new name for this soon to be group (I hope) will be born!

Pride Paradise Pirates

Pirates of Pride and Paradise

Paradise Pirates of the Pride

Bermuda Bound Pirates of the Pride XXXX

The Bermuda Pride Pirates

Bermuda bound Pride Pirates XXXX

Pirates of the Pride X

Pride Bermuda Bumpers

Bermuda-Bound Buccaneers XXXXXX

Proud Priders

The Pride Bumpers

The Bumping Pride Pirates

The Bermuda Bound Bumpity Bump Bumpers

Bumpin it to Bermuda Pride Pirates

I already voted, but I'll vote again if you want. ;)

I'm so sorry Ava....I didn't mean to be a tease.

I have to book first....which I will do first thing tomorrow morning. Hopefully, I can get through to the TA easily. Then I have to tell Laura that I did it. Finally, I can advertise.....

I will tell you, as I said above, the prices, once the OBC is factored in, are better than Carnival's Early Saver rate. This is for the allotted cabins given to our group. Usually, they are for a few Inside and Balcony categories. ;);)

What I see now for the September 18th date is:

Insides-$549

Ocean View-$629

Balconies-$639

Suites-$1,139

So what you are saying CrazyCat is that our prices will be cheaper and we will also get OBC? And if I understand correctly, we may chose our cabins once the full deposit is paid, not the entire balance?

Im sorry, this would be my first CC cruise so this is all new to me.. I also read somewhere that the person that runs the CC group receives a free cabin or cabins.. And that amount gets paid back to everyone in the group? There is a certain name for it.. I have seen that thrown around on here a few times.. Do you know what I am talking about?

What I see now for the September 18th date is:

Insides-$549

Ocean View-$629

Balconies-$639

Suites-$1,139

So what you are saying CrazyCat is that our prices will be cheaper and we will also get OBC? And if I understand correctly, we may chose our cabins once the full deposit is paid, not the entire balance?

Im sorry, this would be my first CC cruise so this is all new to me.. I also read somewhere that the person that runs the CC group receives a free cabin or cabins.. And that amount gets paid back to everyone in the group? There is a certain name for it.. I have seen that thrown around on here a few times.. Do you know what I am talking about?

Ok, let me take on question at a time......

The prices posted on Carnival do not include all the port charges & taxes. Also, those prices are for the lowest category within that cabin type. Usually, the group cabins are higher categories. So if you are going to book a cabin with 2 people, you would double the price of the cabin catagory, ie 4D, 8C, and add the port charges, etc. That would be your total with Carnival. Then, when our prices are posted, you would just double the price of the same cabin type and category since our prices include all port charges and fees. Then subtract the amount of the OBC, and you have our final price. Yes, you can choose your cabin once your full deposit is paid. Once I can actually post the prices, I can better explain it using the actual numbers.

Depending upon how many cabins are booked with the group, the group leader may be entitled to a free berth or berths, not cabins. Whether it is divided amongst the group, is up to the group leader.

Potentially very happy! ;) Waiting for details... Could include other passengers.......:)

BTW, do I get a prize if my "cruise name" suggestion wins?:confused: Just kidding!:D

Hey Patrice....that could be arranged!:D

Depending upon how many cabins are booked with the group, the group leader may be entitled to a free berth or berths, not cabins. Whether it is divided amongst the group, is up to the group leader.

is this group leader going to pass the "free berth" savings on to the group?

the prices someone listed above are pretty good, but then i remembered all the prices plummet when the kiddies return to school.

the prices someone listed above are pretty good, but then i remembered all the prices plummet when the kiddies return to school.

\

This group leader has to wait and see what happens and what is offered to her.

Are you interested in joining us? Should I add your name to the list?

The prices above are Carnival's prices, listed on their site. The group prices have not been posted yet. Please check back......

If you had ever been a group leader, getting a group together,

using your own cash for many things up front,

trying to please everyone with everything you plan,

Prizes and gifts for those who do this that or the other thing,

you wouldn't be asking about the free birth(s), (up to two)

that may or may not be reimburse 8-10 weeks after the cruise is over.

Just saying, if the Group price is good...book the cruise if it is where and when you want to go.

And let the leader get what is due the leader...they put in more than a free birth is worth...

They work hard to get a great prize, perks, and set up all the fun activities, so you can enjoy the deal.

On that note, anything to tell us yet?

i have, but not as a cc group. i passed the "free berth" savings off to the entire group, but i got unexpected perks on board, like daily visits from the hotel manager, daily treats in my room, a private captains reception with top of the line food and cocktails, just to name a few.

i have, but not as a cc group. i passed the "free berth" savings off to the entire group, but i got unexpected perks on board, like daily visits from the hotel manager, daily treats in my room, a private captains reception with top of the line food and cocktails, just to name a few.

These too you will receive as a CC Group member.

Plus the OBC and other perks that the CC Group will receive. but the Birth(s) do not get reimburse to the leader (Hopefully) until 8-10 weeks after the cruise.

If you are booking 8-16 cabins for your family and friends as a group,

the leader can have that birth(s)or the value split into your perks or divided,

but you really don't expect that after all the leader already puts out to make this a fun CC Group Cruise,

that they put out even more of there own $$ to split amongst the group,

something they will not receive for at least 2 months after you all are back home.

Seems like that is a little silly...

So unless you are serious, I would think this line of questions is unnecessary.

Good price, good cruise, book it and...have a good time :)

Prizes and gifts for those who do this that or the other thing,

you wouldn't be asking about the free birth(s), (up to two)

that may or may not be reimburse 8-10 weeks after the cruise is over.

Just saying, if the Group price is good...book the cruise if it is where and when you want to go.

And let the leader get what is due the leader...they put in more than a free birth is worth...

They work hard to get a great prize, perks, and set up all the fun activities, so you can enjoy the deal.

On that note, anything to tell us yet?

Anybody that can get this many people organized deserves any thing they can get.And a BIG Thank You.

Archived