Carnival canceled my excursion

I recieved a message today that Carnival canceled one of the excursion's I made for my Dec cruise on the legend. Apparently according to their email. The excursion THE ISLAND EXPRESS on Grand Cayman was not a tour that was supposed to be sold online. For that reason they cancelled it and said I will recieve a refund in 7-10 days. Well So yes im getting a refund but now im upset that it was a tour I had scheduled for my elderly mother and I since I have hip and leg/knee problems from a motorcycle wreck.Just needed to vent. Guess thats why I recommend Royal over Carnival. should have took my own advice.

I recieved a message today that Carnival canceled one of the excursion's I made for my Dec cruise on the legend. Apparently according to their email. The excursion THE ISLAND EXPRESS on Grand Cayman was not a tour that was supposed to be sold online. For that reason they cancelled it and said I will recieve a refund in 7-10 days. Well So yes im getting a refund but now im upset that it was a tour I had scheduled for my elderly mother and I since I have hip and leg/knee problems from a motorcycle wreck.Just needed to vent. Guess thats why I recommend Royal over Carnival. should have took my own advice.

So they made a mistake? There is nothing "comparable"? Is there anything you could reserve not through Carnival?

Let me know when Royal becomes "mistake" proof.

So the only reason you booked this cruise was for this tour? Is that what you are saying? If not I don't follow the reasoning about another cruise line.

So book it on your own. I never go directly through a cruiseline. It is usually more expensive and you can get a better selection if you try on your own.

I don't see the big deal! Seems a little dramatic in my opinion.

did you ask if it's one u can book @ excursion desk after you board (ala cabanas @ Half Moon Cay?)

might not be an excursion CCL still offers for several reasons (possibly iffy service from the tour provider caused them to drop it, check the reviews;))

if you really want the excursion, go to the independent providers/excursion companies & see if something is comparable to book on your own.

Good luck, least you have 6 months to plan.

At least you got lots of notice and can make other plans. Try standing on the pier in Tortola looking for the sign for your tour group and not seeing anything. We then asked a cruiseline rep where our group was and she said oh that was cancelled.

Buffettlovertina:

I would try to book one on your own...it's sometimes cheaper that way. As a matter of fact, there is a half day tour that lasts 2 1/2 hours for $37 online called the Cayman West Bay Sightseeing Tour.

Hope this helps! :)

Royal Caribbean cancelled an excursion on our very first cruise after a hurricane had destroyed the area. Guess what? I didn't let that ruin my cruise and even went on 2 other cruises after that. Anytime you travel you have to be adaptable.

Nothing bad has ever happened to me either. Sincerely, a guy with more than 7 posts..

ohh, Come on, now..

Ive had excursions canceled by Royal too...

Depends on the tour operator, how many people sign up, the contract renewals and a varerity of other factors...at least you have plenty of time to find something else, there are lots of sight seeing tours in GC that offer a 'ride'

Mocking him with seven posts???? He has been a member since 2004 NOT a newbie just a lurker.

Then surely he knows that Carnival offers 36 other tours on Grand Cayman and independant operators offer countless others, even for people with bum knees..

If that is the worst thing that happens to you this month consider yourself lucky.

You survived a motorcycle accident and your complaining about a excursion being cancelled six moths in advanced..........I don't get it.

Carnival once cancelled an excursion on me, the day before, (no six months notice) I rebooked a similiar but differant excursion and had the time of my life. I was flexible, and it paid off big time. If one door closes another will open...................... go with it.

Archived