Spa Room Question

I recently booked a spa room on the Carnival Conquest. Are the spa rooms significantly better? What are my benefits of having this spa room?

I can't comment on Conquest, but on Dream & Splendor, the decor is somewhat nicer, the entire area is designated non-smoking, including the cabins, and on D & S it provides access to their special therapy pool, and specialized spa steam and sauna rooms.

On Conquest, no real difference. The deck used to be OVs, if its the top deck right?? (dont have deck plans in front of me) and when they were changed to balconys, they put in sliding glass doors, so the doors are nicer, than the ones that bang shut. Otherwise same same.

Only on the Splendor and higher are there any perks to being in a spa balcony.

It depends on how you see it, there is no smoking allowed-so should be fresh. The balconies are sometimes without an overhang-thus many of cabins people can lean over from deck above and see part of your balcony, a few select cabins are closer to front (bow) and from above a windbreaking plexiglass that doesn't allow over lookers.

We were on the conquest last week on the spa floor. There are no extra spa benefits. But we thought the location was great. We could walk outside and easily get to the lido deck and pools. It was extra quiet. The only issue we had was the plexi glass starts above room 1110 and we were in 1108 so people were able to look down on our balcony. Not a big problem though.

I recently booked a spa room on the Carnival Conquest. Are the spa rooms significantly better? What are my benefits of having this spa room?

I don't want you to confuse Cloud 9 Spa cabins that are ONLY on the Dream and Splendor....

and cabins that just happen to be on a deck called Spa.

The Dream and Splendor (and soon to be Magic) are the only ships with true Spa cabins...(ie Cloud 9 Spa amenities and nonsmoking in the cabin or balcony).

On the Conquest...it is just a cabin that happens to be on a deck named Spa.

We were on the conquest last week on the spa floor. There are no extra spa benefits. But we thought the location was great. We could walk outside and easily get to the lido deck and pools. It was extra quiet. The only issue we had was the plexi glass starts above room 1110 and we were in 1108 so people were able to look down on our balcony. Not a big problem though.

I've seen the plexiglass, and just want to "visualize" its location for future cabin choices in the Conquest class. So would the cabins with plexiglass above them be more toward center?

If looking at a deck plan for this ship class-- then cabins....?? Thanks

Conquestdeckplan.gif

It depends on how you see it, there is no smoking allowed-so should be fresh. The balconies are sometimes without an overhang-thus many of cabins people can lean over from deck above and see part of your balcony, a few select cabins are closer to front (bow) and from above a windbreaking plexiglass that doesn't allow over lookers.

You can smoke in the Spa deck cabins on the Conquest. These rooms are not the same as the spa cabins on the Splendor or Dream.

You can smoke in the Spa deck cabins on the Conquest. These rooms are not the same as the spa cabins on the Splendor or Dream.

ahh, I did read that after my post, but on a previous cruise Destiny-the spa deck was touted as smoke free. I guess depends on source of information or more likely mis-information like what PVP some people get.

Yes on conquest you are getting just a room on the spa level. But we thought the location was great. We were told it was a non-smoking area, and I never really noticed a smoke smell. Our PVP told us that mainly families were booked in these rooms because they are all 4 person. If you can I would recommend 1102,1104 or 1106.

I was going to book a spa room on the Splendor but they are all in the front of the ship from what I can see on various websites. I've always stayed midship or aft balcony:). What does everyone think about the location of these cabins? I certainly don't want to spend more $$ for a cabin that is less "stable"....

I was going to book a spa room on the Splendor but they are all in the front of the ship from what I can see on various websites. I've always stayed midship or aft balcony:). What does everyone think about the location of these cabins? I certainly don't want to spend more $$ for a cabin that is less "stable"....

We were in cabin 1011 on the Splendor. Never noticed one bit of difference (motion wise) from being on the Empress deck. Quieter, prettier decor, but no motion difference.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello -

I just registered and this is my first time using this site, so bear with me if I make a faux pas.

I am holding and considering booking 1115 on the Liberty for a January cruise. It is almost as much as booking 2 OV rooms so I'm trying to decide which to do. It would be nice to have 2 adjoining rooms (Traveling with 2 small kids and my mom), but I just loved those floor to ceiling windows, and I thought the location on the ship looked good.

I noticed that someone just stayed in one of these rooms and I was wondering if you think it was worth it over perhaps 2 OV rooms (this is what my mom prefers).

Thanks

In response to the previous post, I would ordinarily recommend getting the two OV rooms, but in this case, I recommend getting that floor-to-ceiling window room. The reason is because the Liberty is the last ship to still have those. The other 4 ships have converted those to balcony rooms, so those rooms on the Liberty are very unique and will probably also be converted sooner or later. They are approximately 230 sq.ft, and they are in a great location. Since you're so close to the spa, you can use those showers so that you don't have to be taking turns in your room.

On the other 4 Conquest class ships, these (balcony) rooms are category 8F. They are approximately 195 sq.ft. plus a 35 sq.ft. balcony. So the rooms are slightly bigger than other balcony rooms.

We stayed in one of these balcony rooms on the Conquest (for the price of a floor-to-ceiling window room ;)), and we loved it. Smoking is allowed in these rooms, but they do a great job cleaning the rooms. There's not much foot traffic. Spa showers are right there, which you can use. There is slightly more motion up there, not significantly more. If you need an elevator during the busy times, bring a sack lunch and a long book to read. It is a short walk outside to grab some chairs and catch some sun or go on the waterslide right above you.

In response to the previous post, I would ordinarily recommend getting the two OV rooms, but in this case, I recommend getting that floor-to-ceiling window room. The reason is because the Liberty is the last ship to still have those. The other 4 ships have converted those to balcony rooms, so those rooms on the Liberty are very unique and will probably also be converted sooner or later. They are approximately 230 sq.ft, and they are in a great location. Since you're so close to the spa, you can use those showers so that you don't have to be taking turns in your room.

On the other 4 Conquest class ships, these (balcony) rooms are category 8F. They are approximately 195 sq.ft. plus a 35 sq.ft. balcony. So the rooms are slightly bigger than other balcony rooms.

We stayed in one of these balcony rooms on the Conquest (for the price of a floor-to-ceiling window room ;)), and we loved it. Smoking is allowed in these rooms, but they do a great job cleaning the rooms. There's not much foot traffic. Spa showers are right there, which you can use. There is slightly more motion up there, not significantly more. If you need an elevator during the busy times, bring a sack lunch and a long book to read. It is a short walk outside to grab some chairs and catch some sun or go on the waterslide right above you.

Thanks for the input. I just found another posting from someone who stayed in one of these cabins on the Liberty and they had positive things to say also. One thing that was different was that they said the elevators were great, because all the glass ones from the lobby come up there too -- not sure if this is a different layout from the Conquest or if they just had a different experience. It is important for me to be able to get an elevator, because my mom will be traveling with me and she is 77 with a heart condition.

Thanks for the input. I just found another posting from someone who stayed in one of these cabins on the Liberty and they had positive things to say also. One thing that was different was that they said the elevators were great, because all the glass ones from the lobby come up there too -- not sure if this is a different layout from the Conquest or if they just had a different experience. It is important for me to be able to get an elevator, because my mom will be traveling with me and she is 77 with a heart condition.

Usually, the elevators shouldn't be a problem. You'll have the glass elevators and the regular elevators there. We did self-assist debarkation and had to wait forever for an elevator there, as the entire ship seemed to be debarking all at once. If you do the standard debarkation and take it easy, it shouldn't be any big deal.

• 3 years later...

we are in this room on the freedom next month- do you have any pictures that you could share??

we are in this room on the freedom next month- do you have any pictures that you could share??

Hello-

I still subscribe to this thread, but it was quite a blast from the past to see it pop up in my email. We DID book a spa room on Carnival 4 years ago and really loved it. Unfortunately, all my pictures from it are on some hard drive somewhere I can't access, because I have a great picture of my 2 boys sitting on the floor playing in front of that floor to ceiling window. Since that cruise I have gone on many more and that remains one of my favorite rooms. It seems SO big with that window - even larger than a balcony. The floor itself was very quiet as it is just a few rooms and the spa. And we could walk right outside and down the steps to the pool.

Happy cruising!

I don't want you to confuse Cloud 9 Spa cabins that are ONLY on the Dream and Splendor....

and cabins that just happen to be on a deck called Spa.

The Dream and Splendor (and soon to be Magic) are the only ships with true Spa cabins...(ie Cloud 9 Spa amenities and nonsmoking in the cabin or balcony).

On the Conquest...it is just a cabin that happens to be on a deck named Spa.

I know the Breeze also has the true Spa Cabins and believe the Sunshine does as well.