Disembarking

aga

Could anyone tell me what to expect time wise on disembarking . Our cruise ends at Athens and our flights home are not until 3pm in the afternoon.

Mnay Thanks

Well aga.... I don't know about his Lordship, but most of us have to leave the ship at 09.30 at the latest!

Have a nice weekend all .... and enjoy the World Cup!

Marja

Well aga.... I don't know about his Lordship, but most of us have to leave the ship at 09.30 at the latest!

Have a nice weekend all .... and enjoy the World Cup!

Marja

Marja,

I have never been off the ship before 10.30.You can wait in a lounge if need be.Vacating the suite is ofcourse good manners so as the girls can prepare the suite for new arrivals.

Marja,

I have never been off the ship before 10.30.You can wait in a lounge if need be.Vacating the suite is ofcourse good manners so as the girls can prepare the suite for new arrivals.

You have been lucky then..... In some ports it simply is not possible due to regulations and luggage check to disembark after 09.30. (My experience....)

Marja

You have been lucky then..... In some ports it simply is not possible due to regulations and luggage check to disembark after 09.30. (My experience....)

Marja

Oh well,you have been unlucky.No point getting off too early when my flight is usually 13.00 at the earliest.

A word with the Hot Man as a courtesy normally does the trick to stay a while.

Thankyou all.Our flights and transfers have been booked through Seabourn themselves , so do they decide when they are transfering you? It would be lovely not to be rushed off the boat to sit in an airport lounge...:)

Thankyou all.Our flights and transfers have been booked through Seabourn themselves , so do they decide when they are transfering you? It would be lovely not to be rushed off the boat to sit in an airport lounge...:)

As you have arranged your flights with Seabourn you will be given a time to get off and board a coach to the airport.The only way around this would be to tell guest services that you will go to the airport by private car but there seems no point to spend more money as you have your transfer.You will be at the airport early so keep some currency for drinks and snacks.

I believe if your flight is at 3 pm Seabourn will probably take you on a tour of Athens first then drop you off at the airport in time for your flight, perhaps speak to Seabourn or your T/A and they should be able to advise you

Thank you everyone...

Again being a firstimer , could someone tell me what a Hot man ;) is and who he will be on the Odyssey .

Hot Man is the abbreviation for Hotel Manager. Also, since you have booked your air through Seabourn with an afternoon departure, if a tour can't be arranged, they will instead transfer you to a hotel with a day room for your comfort and provide lunch. Then at the appropriate time, you will be transferred to the airport for your flight home.

Hot Man is the abbreviation for Hotel Manager. Also, since you have booked your air through Seabourn with an afternoon departure, if a tour can't be arranged, they will instead transfer you to a hotel with a day room for your comfort and provide lunch. Then at the appropriate time, you will be transferred to the airport for your flight home.

Thank you so much for this information - I have a Venice-London departure booked through Seabourn, not leaving until after 8pm on my September trip & I was NOT looking forward to hanging around the airport. You've certainly put my mind at rest & confirmed what I've already found out whilst reading these posts - Seabourn customers are caring sharing people & I can't wait to have my first experience on this line!

I bet staying on the ship for another two weeks will surpass that

Oh, Your Lordship - you are always poking fun about this or that! :) :D ;)

To soc1965 and aga: you are both so welcome. If you have any questions or wonder about something that is not in the brochure just ask away! There are many Seabourn sailors who post here and, as a group, are experts in all aspects of the Seabourn experience. All we ask, if you feel like it, is posting a review (good, bad or indifferent) when you return home. We always like to hear about the onboard experience through the eyes of a new passenger.

We also were going to book with SB for air.I was told they would take us directly to the airport at 9am.No room and a trip around Venice would be extra.I was lead to believe they would do something other than charge for a stroll around Venice.The transfers are quite expensive.

Any thoughts please.

Archived