Oceana disabled cabin info please!

tetsuo

HI folks

I am going on my first cruise in Sept on Oceana and I am a wheelchair user, we have booked cabin B311 which is "disabled adapted".

I have some dimensions from P&O but it would be really great to have a photo, schematic or at least some experienced info regarding the stateroom....?

Basically I would like to know the layout of the stateroom and if I can fit a mobility scooter as well as my manual wheelchair and other gubbins in without compromising comfort for us both.

Thanks in advance

R

I am not able to answer your questions personally, hopefully someone will be able to. However, try taking a look at the Disabled cruise travel, sub forum, here.

Not to cause any confusion, but as this is a mainly american board, you will probably have better luck searching under Princess Cruises when looking for photos. (Oceana was originally a Princess ship) So any of the Sun Class Princess ship photos of the same type of cabin would be compareable.

Hi tetso

I think i can answer some of your questions my mother in-law who is disabled was on the oceana in may with a group of friends some of these was also disabled

She shared her stateroom with a friend who is also had a wheelchair ,they had no issues fitting a wheelchair and a small mobility scooter in the cabin ,the main problem was moving about the ship on most of the decks there are doors separating one part from the other and there is bump on the floor which is part of the door frame,she had to wait for some one to open the door and push her over the bump. also around the pool the coffee bar had a few steps to get to it so she couldn't go to that bar,around the pool the floor looked a bit slippy so she didn't have the confidence to get of her scooter to go into the pool fearing falling

I hope this helps, the Mother in-law loved the ship every one was very nice even doing a small repair to her scooter but the few things I've mentioned did spoil it a bit,her advice is to have an abled bodied person accompany you

Archived