Seems wierd to me

rowlady

Our ship arrives at noon and doesnt leave until 9pm (Explorer of the Seas) on Monday 6/28. We are a family of 5 (mom dad and teens) and plan to shop and hang out at the beach (not sure which one yet). Because we dont arrive until noon I assume we should go straight to the beach but I am wondering what to do afterwards. Do the stores stay open late if there is a ship in town? Is there something we should be doing and seeing in the early evening before returning to the ship? It seems we will be the only ship in port that day if that make a difference. Anyone have any suggestions or advice? Thanks.

Debbie

There are plenty of vacationers on the island as well. I would imagine th eshops on Front Street in Phillipsburg would be open a bit later. If you go to Dawn Beach, you can enjoy an early dinner on the beach at Mr Busby's or venture to Captain Olivers in nearby Osyter Pond and uniquely dine on th eborder of the Dutch and French sides while turtles and sea creatures swing beneath you. Dawn Beach as decent snorkeling out from Scavengers Bar but you can experience cross currents if the wind is up.

I had read that also but called Hertz directly and they said that if a ship is in port until late they will stay until later as well. I hope that is the case as we are counting on it! Thanks for the heads up....

Thanks for the suggestions -I appreciate it! We have decided to rent a car for the day and will tour the island on our own............

You will have a great day having a car and exploring the island. Here are a couple of things that might help you get the most out of your day. Try and avoid the Simpson Bay Bridge area around the time that the bridge goes up. This can suck up to 30 minutes of your time especially around the afternoon rush hour opening. The best time to see the airplanes land from Maho beach is 1:30-4:00 depending on the day and if they are on schedule. One more thing, do not leave anything in your car or trunk when your car is parked at the beach. Enjoy exploring the island.

Archived