Trying to decode the cabin classes

I have been looking at the deck plans, and trying to figure out what makes some cabins better than others. I am looking at an exterior balcony, which seems to be everything in D or E. I know that D are larger than E and D1 is the largest of the D's. but what separates the classes?

I have read that it is location, but I see most classes on multiple decks and both fore & aft. I have seen both connecting and single cabins in some classes too. What really has me confused is when I see a block of cabins in one class then a couple of cabins in a different class then a few more in the other class. All the factors I have read about here on CC seem to be shared by multiple classes of cabins, such as size, couch, hump, ect.

I have been looking at the deck plans, and trying to figure out what makes some cabins better than others. I am looking at an exterior balcony, which seems to be everything in D or E. I know that D are larger than E and D1 is the largest of the D's. but what separates the classes?

I have read that it is location, but I see most classes on multiple decks and both fore & aft. I have seen both connecting and single cabins in some classes too. What really has me confused is when I see a block of cabins in one class then a couple of cabins in a different class then a few more in the other class. All the factors I have read about here on CC seem to be shared by multiple classes of cabins, such as size, couch, hump, ect.

If you are talking about Oasis/Allure, there are no cat E's:confused:all non-suite exterior (ocean-view) balconies are D's.

I am talking about them, that's why I posted here. I see that the E class was on a different ship ( I had a book with a bunch of deck plans) but the main question still stands. What differentiates the classes, as they seem to almost alternate with each other sometimes.

Archived