Taxis in Cabo

vplsh

We will be in Cabo on Mariner of the Seas on July 13 and would like to take a taxi to San Jose del Cabo, then to a resort, then back to the port area. We've been to Los Cabos before, but never noticed whether taxis were plentiful or easy to find. Also, does anyone have an idea of prices to/from these areas? Are they set by the government like they are in Cozumel?

Thanks for the info!

We will be in Cabo on Mariner of the Seas on July 13 and would like to take a taxi to San Jose del Cabo, then to a resort, then back to the port area. We've been to Los Cabos before, but never noticed whether taxis were plentiful or easy to find. Also, does anyone have an idea of prices to/from these areas? Are they set by the government like they are in Cozumel?

Thanks for the info!

Taxis are very expensive in Cabo. The fare from Cabo to San Jose will be at least $40 each way. Which resort are you going to, if you don't mind me asking. I spend about a month in Cabo each year and know quite a bit about it. It would be cheaper to rent a car for the day or you might even consider the bus. But it you are not worried about the cost, taxi are available all over the place and there will be drivers waiting as soon as you get off the tender. The prices are not pre-set so make sure to agree on the price before you get in the taxi.

Thanks for the info, Househunter. We are going to spend a couple of hours at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar. We spent a week there a few years ago and loved it and when I contacted them they said we could spend the day around their pool. The 13th is my 50th birthday, and there's nowhere else I'd rather be than around their pool drinking a margarita! LOL!

What would be the best way to do what we'd like, do you think? I'd really appreciate your expertise! My husband and I are very envious that you're able to spend a month in Cabo each year! How lucky!

Thanks again!

Lisa

Thanks for the info, Househunter. We are going to spend a couple of hours at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar. We spent a week there a few years ago and loved it and when I contacted them they said we could spend the day around their pool. The 13th is my 50th birthday, and there's nowhere else I'd rather be than around their pool drinking a margarita! LOL!

What would be the best way to do what we'd like, do you think? I'd really appreciate your expertise! My husband and I are very envious that you're able to spend a month in Cabo each year! How lucky!

Thanks again!

Lisa

We don't spend much time out on the corridor where the Sheraton is so I would think the best way to get there is by cab, even with the price. There are no real bus stops, you just kind of flag the bus down as it is going by and there is no real schedule. On a cruise stop, I would go with the cab.

We do love it there! Hoping to have a condo and live there part time very soon. But for now, we have 4 weeks of timeshare that we enjoy even though our next trip is not until November! My niece stayed at the Sheraton a few months ago and loved it! Have fun!

Thanks! I guess we'll bite the bullet and pay for the cabs. At least I know now what to expect.

My husband says he'd love to spend a lot of time there sometime too. We don't get there as often as we'd like because of the airfare. Our cruises are more often out of the east coast so we get to Cozumel more often. But there is nowhere like Cabo!

Thanks again.

Lisa

I'll second the motion for the love of Cabo, so many around here seem to bash it but I just figure they have only been there on a cruise and don't know what they are missing although my first time was on a crusie and we LOVED IT. We went down to buy a condo 3 years ago over the 4th of July weekend and thank goodness we decided to hold off for a few years till the real estate crisis calms down!

I know what you mean about time. One of the reasons we booked the Mariner was the time in Cabo. We arrive around 10AM and don't leave until 6PM, so we have a nice day there.

Last time we were there on the Golden Princess. My husband was playing golf, fortunately on the Princess excursion. He was the last one on the ship- I watched him on the tender from our balcony!

Thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...
I know what you mean about time. One of the reasons we booked the Mariner was the time in Cabo. We arrive around 10AM and don't leave until 6PM, so we have a nice day there.

Just please keep in mind that the ship gets in here to Cabo at approximately 10:00 ship time or 11:00 local...last tender is 5:30 ship or 6:30 local. Cabo is on Mountain Time Zone and the ship stays on Pacific Time. All times go by ship though. You are fortunate that the Mariner stays just about the latest of all our ships! But they are also one of the latest to arrive though.

Thanks for the time reminder, Caro. When we were in Cabo a couple of years ago, we arrived around 7AM ship's time and had to be back by 2PM. Figured this time frame would give us a chance to really enjoy some different places. We'll be spending a couple of hours at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar, then visiting a few local spots for lunch and margaritas. Do you have any recommendations? It's my 50th birthday, so we're looking to celebrate!

Thanks again!

Lisa

Thanks for the time reminder, Caro. We'll be spending a couple of hours at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar, then visiting a few local spots for lunch and margaritas. Do you have any recommendations? It's my 50th birthday, so we're looking to celebrate!

Thanks again!

Lisa

Hola Lisa...sounds like you have a fun day already planned! The first tender for guests is normally about 10:15 ship (11:15 local). So plan on getting your taxi at 10:30 at the earliest or 11:00 for a rental car. You can plan on arriving at the Sheraton at about 11:30 at the latest. If you hang out around the pool for a few hours and then plan on coming back to eat lunch...you might be starving! Why not eat there? That way you can kick back and relax without rushing. Last tender being at 5:15/5:30, that will give you a good time to stay there. Or if you just have snacks there and do want to come back to "eat" a real lunch, my suggestion would be Soloman's Landing. Although I haven't had drinks there, the food is great and prices good. It is just a short walk down the marina sidewalk. That way you are also close to the tender pier to get in line for last one. I had takeout breakfast from there this morning! Yummy!!! Wishing you feliz cumpleanos in advance :)

Hola Lisa...sounds like you have a fun day already planned! The first tender for guests is normally about 10:15 ship (11:15 local). So plan on getting your taxi at 10:30 at the earliest or 11:00 for a rental car. You can plan on arriving at the Sheraton at about 11:30 at the latest. If you hang out around the pool for a few hours and then plan on coming back to eat lunch...you might be starving! Why not eat there? That way you can kick back and relax without rushing. Last tender being at 5:15/5:30, that will give you a good time to stay there. Or if you just have snacks there and do want to come back to "eat" a real lunch, my suggestion would be Soloman's Landing. Although I haven't had drinks there, the food is great and prices good. It is just a short walk down the marina sidewalk. That way you are also close to the tender pier to get in line for last one. I had takeout breakfast from there this morning! Yummy!!! Wishing you feliz cumpleanos in advance :)

Oh, I am jealous!! How lucky you are to be in Cabo!!

Thanks for the info. I have to see how my companions are doing around the pool- neither my husband or daughter enjoy sitting for too long! I will definitely remember Soloman's Landing, however, whether for lunch or a snack afterwards. Anything else you'd recommend we do?

Gracias for the birthday greetings!!

Lisa

Archived