Leinster Bay?

sammynobrains

What is it like? Approximately how much is the taxi from the ferry to Leinster? How long is the drive? Is it a long hike or a short walk from the taxi drop-off to the beach? How is the snorkeling?

We've been to Cinnamon and Honeymoon, and we're looking for a new beach to try. We're looking for gorgeous scenery, nice sand, and good snorkeling. Any advice is appreciated!

The entrance to Leinster Bay is near the Anaberg Sugar Mill ruins -- if you can get a taxi to there, you're okay. Getting back is more of a challenge as I'm not sure how often taxi's come back. I suggest renting a car because it's fun and gives you more flexibility.

I like Leinster Bay, but I really like Waterlemon Cay, which is in the same area. If you leave the road (on foot), Leinster Bay is about a .75 mile walk. Consequently, there are no crowds here. Snorkeling is excellent, beach is good. You will likely see many turtles in this area due to the sea grass.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

The taxi will be:

$11 for one person

$18 for two people

$7 for each person in a group of 3 or more

It takes about 22 minutes.

The hike is easy, flat and takes about 30 minutes to Waterlemon Cay area. Leinster Bay's snorkeling area is before Waterlemon.

--Islander

Archived