Has anyone had Cabin 2507 or 2007 on Monarch of the Seas?

ms simba

I am planning a cruise and need an accessible room. Monarch of the Seas leaves from Port Canaveral where I want to depart from. Has anyone had Cabin 2507 or 2007? What did you think?

We have used 2007 twice and the only down side is the distance to/from the elevator. My daughter uses a manual chair and it was tough for her on the carpet. There was some noise when docking and dropping anchor...but what the heck...its a ship. The cabin itself is as accessible as any other we have used. Besides...there are only four on the ship!

Two other questions. I will be traveling alone using an electric scooter.

(1) - Will I find it difficult to get through the hallways?

I am worried that the cleaning person or someone else may put a cart in the hall. I had this happen on Carnival and found it made it very difficult to get around and I believe Carnival has wider hallways.

(2) - How often are there barrier thresholds on the different public areas?

On Carnival they used makeshift ramps to get over these. Made for quite a ride. I had to go fast enough to get over the ramp and try not to be too fast since it threw me in the air. This also happened on their gangways. In this case, as the scooter went over the ramp, the front pin holding the tiller came loose and the scooter broke apart!

Two other questions. I will be traveling alone using an electric scooter.

(1) - Will I find it difficult to get through the hallways?

I am worried that the cleaning person or someone else may put a cart in the hall. I had this happen on Carnival and found it made it very difficult to get around and I believe Carnival has wider hallways.

I don't recall that being a problem

(2) - How often are there barrier thresholds on the different public areas?

I seem to remember some threshold. on exterior doors on the pool deck forward, that had a hump. For the most part I do not remember it being much of a problem to remember. Of course, the Monarch has a sprcial place in my heart. Five times was not enough :D

On Carnival they used makeshift ramps to get over these. Made for quite a ride. I had to go fast enough to get over the ramp and try not to be too fast since it threw me in the air. This also happened on their gangways. In this case, as the scooter went over the ramp, the front pin holding the tiller came loose and the scooter broke apart!

I would venture to say that you would enjoy this ship.

Thanks for your replies. You have set my mind at ease. This will be my first cruise all alone. However, I frequently go to Disney World all by myself. Also, the last cruise I took my sister, who is in poor health, only got up from her cabin bed to go to dinner and once to a show so that cruise was "almost" me being all alone.

Archived