15mth old,what do we do with him while on shore excursion

coronawomen

Thanks. I, as a 43yr old grandmother will be the first one signed up for the jolly roger, trust me. As for drinking, my son-in-law does not drink or smoke at all, so having someone responsible in charge is not the question or problem here.:rolleyes:

The OP did state in her second post the above. So, someone would be sober and responsible.

I would just find an excursion that is child friendly. I would not trust someone I do not know to watch over my child and then being off the ship where they could not reach me in case of an emergency.

I think my question is do you really want to leave a 15-month old on the ship for some five hours when there is no way for them to contact you? I'm afraid I just wouldn't be able to enjoy the excursion.

My thoughts as well...my DD is almost four, and when I think about leaving her on a cruise ship while every adult she is cruising with gets off the boat in a foreign country, I get a little pit in my stomach. I can't imagine how bad I'd feel if I got back on the ship and found out she'd gotten hurt or sick and no one could contact me (or any other family) to be there for her. Especially if it was because I was off drinking and partying. Well, at any rate, that is me, and everyone has a different comfort level with their babies.

If you have two who aren't even drinking, why pay the excursion cost for them? Perhaps they could stay on the ship and spend that money in the spa, gambling, or doing something else for themselves?

Archived