"LIVE" From Carnival Glory / June 14, 2010

Radio

...but I was wondering if you could answer some ?s for me. I just booked the Glory to Canada for this August...won free cruise bingo on my last cruise and used it to get on the Glory (free cabin for DS-14 and his buddy and paid for a balcony for me, DH and our twin DDs-12). Gotta love that free cruise bingo!!!! So, I just read your fabulous review...love all the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to post this review...it answered most of my questions. But, I still have a few and I appoligize if, indeed, you already covered these somewhere in this thread. First, we were given a free 6A (OV) for 2 guests (which are located on Riviera deck 1) and we wanted to get a balcony for the other cabin (which are all located deck 6 and above). So, I requested the free cabin be an interior that we could book a balcony (for 4) across from. We got 6428 and therefore booked 6426 and they are located directly above the Bar Blue that has Karaoke. How crazy noisey will Bar Blue get? What time do they go to...12 am, 2 am or later? We are also doing your-time dining (did it on our last 2 cruises)...which MDR is it in and what level? Where is the Serenity deck located? It was on the aft- 1 deck under the lido deck- on the other ships we were on, but I don't see it there on the Gory's deck plans. I think I saw somewhere in this thread that it's forward. And lastly, is the Azure pool an adut only pool? Thank you so much. Enjoy your upcoming cruise on the Allure. I dream about trying her out someday and look forward to reading your live review.

Thank you so much for the nice comments. . .

It didn't seem that the Blue Bar was that noisey, but then again. . .I was never up that late. I usually went to bed very early. . .and woke up very early :)

The YTD is in the Center Dining Room on the Upper Level.

The Serenity Deck is Forward , and it is above the Pool Deck on the starboard side.

I seem to remember seeing kids in the Azure pool. . . It was a little cold, and the room was often closed.

I had to scratch my head and think about some of these answers :o:confused:

Enjoy your cruise. . .you will love Glory !

Radio

;);)

Thank you so much for the nice comments. . .

It didn't seem that the Blue Bar was that noisey, but then again. . .I was never up that late. I usually went to bed very early. . .and woke up very early :)

The YTD is in the Center Dining Room on the Upper Level.

The Serenity Deck is Forward , and it is above the Pool Deck on the starboard side.

I seem to remember seeing kids in the Azure pool. . . It was a little cold, and the room was often closed.

I had to scratch my head and think about some of these answers :o:confused:

Enjoy your cruise. . .you will love Glory !

Radio

;);)

Wow! Thanks for the quick reply. I wasn't sure if you'd even see my post.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Awesome review Radio, thanks for sharing.

Contemplating this cruise out of Boston for our 25th anniversary???? Hmmmmmmm.......:rolleyes:

We usually get a balcony however I would think with the weather being so iffy around the east coast, I might be able to swing an inside and save some money. (It might mean the difference on if I can go or not go)

It looks like most of the stops are in a location so that you don't need to book excursions but you can do things just by walking around, thats a bonus when trying to be on a tight budget. :D

Never tried Carnival yet either but the ship looks lovely!!

Now, I think I read you are doing Bermuda next......I want to do that one too!! lol

Happy Sailing all!

Archived