Sleeping arrangement for toddler

ldfox77

We have 2 inside cabins booked on NCL Star this September. Our toddler will be 17 months old when we sail. She has slept in her pack n play since she was born, so she is accustomed to it. I doubt we are going to move her to a toddler bed before the trip and she does not sleep well in a bed with others. Will a standard pack n play fit without blocking access to the exit or bathroom? I don't mind taking it down when it isn't actually in use, if required. Or should I invest in a mini pack n play for the trip (keep eye out at garage sales and such) or get bed rails? We are driving to port, so I don't have to worry about airline bag limits.

The ship has P&P's for you to use...there's really no need to bring your own. Just let them know you will need one in advance. Some folks bring their own sheets, but you certainly don't need to.

Thanks. My thought was since we are local to the port, that I should take our own and save the ship's for a family that had to fly across the country or something. I'll ask the cruiseline, too, whether they are standard sized or miniature. But that is less stuff for me to carry and keep track of when boarding and disembarking.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a pic of the pack'n'play my DS used on our NCL cruise when he was 13 months old - he is big for his age. On Carnival, they gave us more of a metal rolling crib but I think it was the same size crib mattress and he fit fine in that as well (no pics of that one). I think you can move it around the cabin so it's out of the way or pack it up when not needed. DS still took naps in the afternoon so we always left it set up.

NCLDay13-23-08_08.jpg

We took our own once and used theirs once, but if you use theirs make sure to bring your own p-n-p sheet, they don't give you one. We managed to fit it into an inside cabin with 4 of us in it! I have pictures on my Dawn page that show it. It is tight but you can fit it if you ask them to take out the square table under the TV. It won't block the bathroom either so you can leave it up for daytime naps.

Archived